In April, I posted about our trip to The Masters golf tournament and shared my recreation of their famous Pimento Cheese Sandwich. I shared tips and info and a little about the food they offer. I received a lot of comments on one specific item that I referenced: the Georgia Peach Ice Cream Sandwich. I really enjoyed it and knew that I’d try to recreate it at some point. After so many people emailed and commented asking about the sandwich I decided to try it sooner rather than later.
This was my first attempt at the ice cream sandwich and I’m very pleased with how it turned out. I hope you enjoy it as well.
Below are the recipes for Peach Ice Cream. See my favorite Sugar Cookies here. Hard freeze ice cream at least 1 hour before making sandwiches. You can put them together and enjoy them immediately or wrap individually in plastic wrap and take out one by one to enjoy.
If you’re just making Peach Ice Cream and don’t plan to put it in the sandwiches, consider adding chopped pecans.
The Masters Peach Ice Cream Sandwich / Call Me PMc
Yield 11 cups
- 6 cup diced peaches (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 2 cup sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cup half & half
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- Combine 1 1/2 c sugar and peaches; stir and set aside.
- Combine 1/2 c sugar, flour, and salt. Stir.
- Beat eggs with an electric mixer until frothy.
- Add sugar mixture to eggs; beat until thick.
- Gradually add half and half; beat until everything is well incorporated.
- Pour custard mixture into a heavy saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. (MIxture is thick enough when you pull the spoon out of the mixture and run your finger down the spoon the line stays making a distinct mark) This will take about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sit in a larger bowl filed with ice. Stir gently until mixture cools. Stir in peaches, and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream mixture (1 gallon).
- Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Place in freezer section of refrigerator to harden before making sandwiches.
You may also enjoy:
Click picture for recipe