Savory, creamy, and delicious! This gourmet meal, Burst Tomato Burrata Chicken, will become a weeknight staple that everyone loves. It’s mouthwateringly simple, ready in less than 20 minutes, and spectacular tasting!
Low carb. Low fat. Wholesome. Delicious! This dinner celebrates the ease of a classic combination and speedy for busy lifestyles.
BURST TOMATO BURRATA CHICKEN
Grape tomatoes become juicy and jammy when charred on the stovetop. Add flavorful chicken and creamy burrata for a winning combination of flavors.
My best tip is to cut the chicken into small cubes and it’ll cook quickly. It helps speed up weeknight recipes.
Burst Tomato Burrata Chicken recipe is fresh, wholesome, and so easy to make. Burrata pairs wonderfully with pasta. Also, it’s rich, delicious, and elevates a ‘regular’ pasta dish. Yep, burrata is a show-stopper.
WHAT IS BURRATA?
I don’t usually follow food trends, but burrata is a food trend that I’m happy to say I did. Coincidentally, I think you should too!
Burrata its s ball of cheese. However, the outside is made of fresh mozzarella but the inside isn’t solid mozzarella. The inside is made of cream and mozzarella curds. As well, burrata is soft, gooey, and flavorful.
INGREDIENTS FOR BURST TOMATO BURRATA CHICKEN
Furthermore, serve this delicious entree with crusty bread. Simple and wonderful.
The full recipe with amounts and directions is in the recipe card. You can save to your personal recipe box.
- Chicken. You can use chicken breasts or thighs. As well, you can use Italian sausage.
- Burrata. If you don’t have or can’t find burrata, you can substitute ricotta cheese or mozzarella cheese.
- Tomatoes. In addition to grape tomatoes, you can add broccoli or cauliflower and up the nutrients even more.
- Seasonings. Greek seasoning is close to what I used (not exactly). If you don’t want to take the time to mix these seasonings substitute low-sodium Greek seasoning instead.
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
- New Orleans Sausage Shrimp Crawfish Pasta
- Shrimp Spaghetti Carbonara
- Ground Beef Mongolian Noodles
- Whipped Feta with Blistered Tomatoes
- Braised Chicken Thighs
- Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
- Blistered Tomato Ricotta Pasta
BURST TOMATO BURRATA CHICKEN
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 pounds chicken breasts boneless skinless, or thighs cut into chunks
- 1 pint grape tomatoes washed and dried
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes undrained, like this
- 8 ounces burrata cheese like this
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- Cut the chicken into chunks and add 2 tablespoons olive oil and half of the seasoning mixture. Toss to coat the chicken. (You can allow this to marinate a few hours if you have time.)
- Cook the chicken 3 to 4 minutes on the first side then flip. Once you have flipped the chicken to the second side add the tomatoes to the pan.
- Cook the tomatoes and chicken for another 3 to 4 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the tomatoes have started to burst.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes to the pan and the remaining seasoning. (I like a lot of seasoning but if you don't add part of it and taste and adjust it to your liking.)
- Cover and allow it to cook on low for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and break the burrata apart and drop them into the mixture. Cover and let the burrata melt for about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.