Chocolate Mousse Filled Strawberries, freshly hulled strawberries, stuffed with an amazing chocolate mousse. Enjoy as a snack or serve as a healthy dessert!
Stuffed strawberries just seem fancy whether they’re filled with simply whipped feta or a chocolate ganache. They’re the perfect ending for a dinner for two or a romantic date paired with champagne by the fire.
The best part? These Chocolate Mousse Filled Strawberries are easy to make!!
Tasty Chocolate Mousse Filled Strawberries
- First, prep your strawberries. Wash the strawberries and allow them to dry or pat them dry.
- Slice off the end evenly so that the strawberries will sit flat. Next, slice off the stem and hollow out the center. I try to take out just the white area as to not waste good, juicy strawberry.
- Alternately, the easier option is to simply cut off the stem, slice them in half, and pipe some of the mousse on top. This is a different presentation, but with the same wonderful taste.
- Spoon or pipe the chocolate mixture into the strawberry.
- Finally, decorate if desired. You can decorate with sprinkles, mini-chocolate chips, crushed cookies, or mint leaves.
Can you make chocolate mousse in advance?
Yes, The chocolate mousse needs time to set. Therefore, this is the perfect dessert to make in advance. Simply mix as directed then store the mouse in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The mousse can be chilled from 30 minutes to 3 days.
When you’re ready to serve, simply prepare the strawberries and fill as instructed below.
You can also FREEZE the mousse!
The prepared mousse can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
To use, thaw in the refrigerator then use as directed.
Shop this post
More yummy strawberry recipes
Delicious stuffed strawberries
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Shooters
- Tasty Chocolate Stuffed Strawberries
- Cheesecake Mousse Strawberries
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe: FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
Chocolate Mousse Filled Strawberries
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 tablespoon boiling water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup heavy cream very cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- mint leaves and crushed shortbread cookies, graham crackers, or Oreo cookies for garnish
- Wash strawberries; pat dry. Cut the very tip off so that the strawberries will stand up. Then, cut the top off each strawberry so that no green is remaining and hollow out the center.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a small bowl; stir and let stand 1 minute to soften. Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. The mixture must be clear.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- To fill strawberries, spoon mousse into a piping bag or zip-top bag and snip the corner off. Pipe generously into hollowed out strawberries. Garnish with a sprinkle of cookie crumbs and a mint leaf.