Smokey, spicy, and delicious, Dr Pepper Baked Beans Recipe has the best flavor and consistency. They are the perfect side dish for any barbecue. Great for potlucks, picnics, and tailgating!
I’m ‘kind of’ dedicating the whole month of June to heartier recipes for Father’s Day. However, they’re still recipes like these baked beans that everyone will love.
DR PEPPER BAKED BEANS RECIPE
With just a few minutes of prep, you can have these amazing baked beans on your table. They go with any barbecue main dish and you can bake or cook them in a slow cooker.
Most of the ingredients are standard for baked beans except for Dr. Pepper soda. Dr. Pepper adds a little sweetness as well as flavor to the beans. Some baked bean recipes call for molasses, but Dr. Pepper serves the same purpose as molasses does. You can also sub Coca-cola.
DR PEPPER BAKED BEANS RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- Pork & Beans. Any brand will work.
- Bacon. Your favorite.
- Onion. Sweet or white.
- Bell pepper. I’m not a fan of green bell peppers even though I used one here. You can use any color.
- Brown sugar. Or coconut sugar.
- BBQ sauce. I adore Sweet Baby Ray’s Original BBQ Sauce but you can use your favorite.
- Yellow mustard. Yep, classic yellow mustard.
- Worcestershire sauce. Like this.
- Dr. Pepper. Not diet.
- Salt and pepper.
- Parsley or green onion.
You can bake these in the oven or cook them on the stovetop or slow cooker.
The length of time you cook them depends on how you like your beans. If you like thicker, stickier beans leave it in 2 or more hours for baking. If you like saucier beans then 1 ½ hour might be more to your liking. Same with other methods of cooking long equals thicker, shorter equals saucier.
WHAT CAN I SERVE WITH BAKED BEANS?
Dr Pepper Baked Beans Recipe is great with Smoked Boston Butt, MS Pecan Wood Ribs, and Short-cut Ribs.
I love baked beans and slow cooker beans. They’re full of nutrients and are very budget-friendly. Try these recipes too.
- Slow Cooker Pinto Beans and Sausage
- Cuban Black Beans and Sausage
- Slow Cooker Gluten Free Pinto Bean Recipe
- Easy Slow Cooker Black Beans
- Slow Cooker BBQ Beans
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER Pinterest board (& follow Call Me PMc on Pinterest.)and share the link to my site with friends! Sharing my site with friends helps me so much!! Thank you!!
DR PEPPER BAKED BEANS RECIPE
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 4 28-ounce cans pork and beans
- 8 to 12 sliced bacon cooked and chopped
- ½ cup onion diced
- ¼ cup green bell pepper diced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 cup Dr. Pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley or green onion for garnish optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Stir until mixed well.
- Pour into a large Dutch oven or skillet or 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake for up to 2 hours. You can cook for less or more time depending on how you like them. They'll be thinner if baked for less time and thicker when baked for longer.
- Remove and allow to cool 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Oh, this was perfect for our barbecue party a while ago! Our guests loved it… Need to make more the next time, lol, thanks!
Bernice Hill says
I LOVE the idea of Dr.Pepper in these beans and those photos are drool worthy. I’m pinning this recipe for all my summer barbecues.
This tasted so amazing! Thanks a lot for sharing this super easy to make recipe! Fam really loves it! Will surely have this again! Highly recommended!