Slow Cooker BBQ Beans cooked low and slow to bring out the best flavors!
Slow Cooker BBQ Beans, you know, “Baked Beans”, except I always make mine in the slow cooker. They taste the same and a slow cooker heats up the house less not to mention uses less electricity! Since I usually make them in Summer that’s a big deal in the Mississippi heat!
So everything goes in the big hot tub of a slow cooker and cooks, except the bacon, it will not get crisp in the slow cooker. The only thing I hate more than slimmy, uncooked bacon is potato salad…and beets…and brussel sprouts. I’ll stop there.
My mother made a variation of these beans for years, I have tweaked her recipe until I have them just the way WJ and I like them.
This week is Crock Pot Week, I’ll be sharing slow-cooker recipes all week. We even have a giveaway for you! If you have slow cooker recipes to share, please link them at the bottom of this post!
- 1/2 c molasses
- 3 T Dijon mustard
- 2/3 c ketchup
- 1/4 c chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 large cans 28 oz pinto beans
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices crisp cooked thick cut bacon, chopped
- 1 T fresh rosemary minced
- Process chipotle chiles and sauce in a blender or small food processor until smooth. Put molasses, ketchup, mustard, chipotle mixture, beans, salt, pepper and rosemary in a slow cooker. Cook on low 3 hours. 15 minutes before serving add all except 2 slices of bacon and stir.
- Serve in small crocks and top with reserved bacon.