Slow Cooker BBQ Beans are cooked low and slow to bring out the best flavors! They’re sweet, tangy, smokey, and hearty.
SLOW COOKER BBQ BEANS
Slow Cooker BBQ Beans, you know, “Baked Beans”, except I always make mine in the slow cooker. They taste the same and a slow cooker heats up the house less not to mention uses less electricity! Since I usually make them in Summer that’s a big deal in the Mississippi heat!
So everything goes in the big hot tub of a slow cooker and cooks, except the bacon, it will not get crisp in the slow cooker. The only thing I hate more than uncooked bacon is potato salad…and beets.
My mother made a variation of these beans for years, I have tweaked her recipe until I have them just the way I like them.
BBQ Beans Ingredients
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and the recipe to your personal and private recipe box here on Call Me PMc. This way, you’ll never misplace it.
- Chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- Pinto beans
- Salt and pepper
While you’re here, check out these recipes.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Call Me Pmc makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
I updated this post from an earlier version dated August 14, 2013, with new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
Slow Cooker BBQ Beans
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- ½ cup molasses
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ⅔ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 -28 ounce pinto beans undrained
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices bacon crisp cooked thick cut bacon, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon rosemary fresh, minced
- Process chipotle chiles and sauce in a blender or small food processor until smooth. Put molasses, ketchup, mustard, chipotle mixture, beans, salt, pepper, and rosemary in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low 3 hours. 15 minutes before serving add all except 2 slices of bacon and stir.
- Serve in small crocks and top with reserved bacon.