Slow Cooker BBQ Beans are cooked low and slow to bring out the best flavors! They’re sweet, tangy, smokey, and hearty.
Slow Cooker BBQ Beans, you know, “Baked Beans”, except I always make mine in the slow cooker. They taste the same and a slow cooker heats up the house less not to mention uses less electricity! Since I usually make them in Summer that’s a big deal in the Mississippi heat!
SLOW COOKER BBQ BEANS
So everything goes in the big hot tub of a slow cooker and cooks, except the bacon, it will not get crisp in the slow cooker. The only thing I hate more than uncooked bacon is potato salad…and beets.
My mother made a variation of these beans for years, I have tweaked her recipe until I have them just the way I like them.
While you’re here, check out these recipes.
- Three Ingredient Hashbrown Casserole
- Chicken Enchiladas in White Sauce
- Famous Potato Salad
- Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 9 Wholesome Meals under 600 Calories
- Dill Pickle Brined Pork Tenderloin
- Crock Pot Rotel Crack Chicken
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Slow Cooker BBQ Beans
- ½ cup molasses
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ⅔ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 -28 ounce pinto beans
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices bacon crisp cooked thick cut bacon, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon rosemary fresh, minced
- Process chipotle chiles and sauce in a blender or small food processor until smooth. Put molasses, ketchup, mustard, chipotle mixture, beans, salt, pepper, and rosemary in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low 3 hours. 15 minutes before serving add all except 2 slices of bacon and stir.
- Serve in small crocks and top with reserved bacon.