My Lemon Ice Cream is refreshing, super creamy and slightly tart
making it the perfect comforting snack!
It’s a good day, I have Lemon Ice Cream for you!
Luscious Lemon Ice cream is super creamy and slightly tart. Using both the juice and zest of a lemon makes this ice cream super lemony.
Seriously, stop what you’re doing right now and make this, or at least put the ingredients on your shopping list to make very soon!
You can thank me later! 😉
My Lemon Ice Cream somes together easily and requires no eggs. I really hate tempering eggs! Just mix the ingredients together and let the ice cream make freeze into creamy goodness!
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice - 6 to 8 lemons depending on size
- 1/3 cup finely grated lemon zest
- pinch salt
- In a large bowl, whisk all the ingredients together. Allow mixture to stand for 20 minutes at room temperature. Whisk every 5 minutes to dissolve the sugar.
- *I use a Cuisinart ice cream maker, the freezer bowl get very cold so I don't chill the ice mixture beforehand.
- Turn the machine on; pour the mixture into the freezer bowl. Let it mix until thickened about 20 to 25 minutes or according to the manufacturer's instructions. The ice cream will be soft and creamy at this point. If you prefer a firmer consistency transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in the freezer for about 2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer about 15 mintues before serving.
Serve in hollowed out lemon halves for entertaining. Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you, Paula