One Pan Stick of
This is seriously my go to side recipe when I don’t know what else to make!
This recipe will amaze and wow you, it’s so simple to make with very basic ingredients. As a result, I can almost guarantee that you already have the ingredients to make it right in your pantry!
Just for clarification a ‘stick of
With just a few ingredients, this baked rice recipe has so much deep, rich flavor. First, you toast the rice in melted
After toasted, you will stir in beef liquid and cook the rice about 45 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is fluffy and tender.
One Pan Stick of
Butter Rice recipe
There are a couple of different liquids you can use in this recipe. You can use 20 ounces of either beef consomme, french onion soup, or beef stock. Beef stock doesn’t give as rich of flavor as the consomme or soup provides, but the rice is still great if you’re in a pinch and it’s all you have on hand.
As well, you may want to add 1/2 cup diced onions, 1/2 cup or 1 can of sliced mushrooms, diced pimento peppers, or even a handful of sliced almonds to the rice to kick the flavor up even more. My boys are purest and prefer ‘straight rice’.
You can reduce the amount of
You may add salt and pepper to the rice. I find that with the soup it is salty enough.
Finally, I do not cover the rice. If you want to cover it and feel better about covering it while it’s baking, go for it. However, it’s fine to cook it uncovered.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Shortcut Fried Rice
- Easy Mexican Rice
- Shrimp and Vegetable Fried Rice
- 20 Minute Pork Chop & Rice (one pot)
- Rice Pudding
One Pan Stick of Butter Rice
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup rice
- 20 ounce French Onion soup or beef consomme
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 1/2 cup butter in an 8x11 oven-safe casserole dish and place in the oven to melt.
- Remove melted butter from the oven and add rice to butter and stir to coat.
- Bake rice, uncovered, in butter 3 to 4 minutes or until toasted.
- Once the rice is light brown and toasted add the soup or consomme to the rice and butter and stir to combine.
- Return to oven and bake, uncovered, 40 to 45 minutes or until rice is tender, fluffy, and all the liquid is absorbed.