You’re not going to believe a quickly and easily this Shortcut Fried Rice goes from stove to table. It takes just minutes to make. This recipe will be your go-to fried rice recipe.
Why is my Shortcut Fried Rice so quick to make? I start with a frozen bag of vegetables. They are already washed, cut and prepped so I don’t have that time-consuming step. I chose a steam bag of corn, green beans, peas, and carrots. This bag cooks in less than 5 minutes in the microwave, as I prep the other ingredients.
I do not like the boil-in-bag rice for this recipe. I like a long grain rice that usually takes 20 minutes to cook. I always make extra rice when I’m making any rice dish like, Rice Pudding and Shrimp and Vegetables Fried Rice, for easier meal prep on another night. Then I grab that leftover rice for this easy recipe!
You can double the recipe or add sauteed chicken, pork, or shrimp if you want a main dish meal with protein.
Shortcut Fried Rice
- This is a great recipe to use leftover rice.
- Use a medium or long grain rice.
- You don’t need a wok, a skillet will work just fine. However, your pan needs to be blazing hot.
- Use a large pan and don’t crowd the ingredients.
Shortcut Fried Rice
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs whisked
- 10- ounce bag frozen mixed vegetables* I used Bird's Eye carrots, corn, peas, & green beans
- 3 cloves or 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked rice cold
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon oyster sauce optional
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Microwave vegetables according to packages directions.
- Add rice and stir until hot.
- Add additional 1 tablespoon butter and vegetables, stir.
- Add remaining 1 and 1/2 tablespoon butter, when melted add whisked egg. Stir until egg is cooked.
- Add green onions, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Stir.
- Add the sesame oil, stir to combine. Remove from heat and serve.
You may also like these rice recipes