Big bakery-style cookies, Texas Ranger Cookies with Cranberries, has the flavor of the season. These melt-in-your-mouth cookies are super easy to make and insanely delicious!
These big, chewy, and buttery cookies are loaded with dark and white chocolate, cranberries, coconut, and Rice Krispie cereal. The classic Texas Ranger cookie got dressed up with the addition of white chocolate chips and cranberries.
Texas Ranger Cookies with Cranberries and Best Cookie Baking Tips
- Read your recipe through completely before starting.
- Have all ingredients at room temperature unless otherwise specified.
- Bake at the minimum time listed on recipes and check them after minimum so as not to overcook.
- Cool your cookies on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Use real butter. Nothing acts like butter does when baking!
- Use a spring release scoop (ice cream scoop) for even shaped cookies.
- One important step in the process of making cookies is to refrigerate the dough before baking. This allows the butter to firm up so the cookie doesn’t spread too much. As well, it allows the gluten to relax for a more tender cookie. Additionally, there’s no harm in making the dough, forming it into balls, and keeping them in the fridge for up to 5 days before baking them.
- The dough will also freeze for up to 4 months. Bake as directed whenever you’re ready to bake.
- Don’t over mix the dough it will make the cookies tough.
- I highly recommend baking cookies on a Silpat mat.
- Carefully and correctly measure flour.
Texas Ranger Cookies with Cranberries
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 cup butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar light or dark
- 2 large eggs at room temperature and beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter and allow to cool to room temperature
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the egg and sugar mixture
- Stir in coconut, chocolate chips, dried cranberries, and cereal by hand until evenly distributed.
- At this point, you can either scoop into balls and place on a baking sheet. The baking sheet needs to fit in the refrigerator. OR, you can refrigerate the dough in the bowl and scoop out after the dough is chilled.
- After the dough is chilled, bake cookies at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until the desired level of doneness. I like crispy edges with soft centers. For 1.5 tablespoons of dough, I cook for 12 minutes.