Twice Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes is a twist on the sweet potato casserole. They’re easily scaled up or down with very few ingredients, the perfect side dish.
Sweet potatoes have twice the fiber, twice the calcium & over 1,300 times more Vitamin A than a white potato. They also anti-inflammatory agents. Plus, I just think they’re really good.
WHAT ARE TWICE BAKED STUFFED SWEET POTATOES?
Just like twice-baked potatoes, sweet potatoes are stuffed and baked twice. First, you’ll cook the potatoes until tender. Next, you remove the inside and add a lot of yummy ingredients. Stuff all this goodness back into the sweet potato and bake them again.
TWICE BAKED STUFFED SWEET POTATOES
This is a super-duper easy recipe and great for small crowds. I like to allow 1/2 potato for each guest. Therefore, I choose the size of sweet potato I use based on that as well as how many other side dishes I’m having. If I have several other side dishes I choose really small. If I have only one or two other sides planned I go bigger with the sweet potatoes.
WHAT DO I SERVE WITH STUFFED POTATOES
Of course, for Thanksgiving or Christmas, a Smoked Turkey, Brown Sugar Ham, or Prime Rib is a must.
For sides, my family likes 8 Cheese Mac n Cheese, Fluffy Rolls, Southern-style Dressing, Extreme Rice, Deconstructed Green Bean Bundles, corn casserole, or Crockpot Hashbrown Potatoes.
CAN I MAKE THESE POTATOES AHEAD OF TIME?
- Yes. Make the potatoes through step 5 below.
- Next, store the potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can freeze the potatoes for up to 3 months.
- When you’re ready to serve – For refrigerated, bake potatoes, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes OR until heated through. As well, you can heat it in the microwave. Place on a microwave-safe plate and microwave until heated through. For frozen, thaw in the refrigerator overnight then proceed as indicated for refrigerated potatoes.
TWICE BAKED STUFFED SWEET POTATOES
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 and ½ cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Using a fork, poke multiple holes in each sweet potato.
- Brush each potato with oil making sure to spread evenly on all sides. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until the skin starts to feel dry and wrinkly.
- Carefully remove the potatoes from the oven, slice them open lengthwise. Scoop each potato into a medium-sized bowl, set potato skin aside. Add brown sugar, butter, heavy cream, and spices to the bowl and blend to create the potato filling.
- Evenly scoop the filling into the potato skins, top with chopped pecans, and finish by topping off each potato with the mini marshmallows.
- Place back into the oven and bake approximately 15 minutes, until the marshmallows begin to brown.
- serve warm
Heaven! It doesn’t get better than baked sweet potatoes. This one decked with all the toppings tastes almost like a dreamy dessert. I love the texture from the pecans, too. This recipe’s a keeper!