Every bite of these Bacon Cheese Butter Pan Biscuits is full of flavor from the bacon and cheese.
These homemade biscuits also require not rolling, cutting or even dropping! Baked in butter until golden brown, Bacon Cheese Butter Pan Biscuits are fool-proof and super simple.
I’m a Southern gal and love biscuits. Breakfast is my favorite meal so I have a variety of biscuit recipes on CallMePMc.com. I have Blueberry Biscuits, Sweet Potato Biscuits, and Biscuits for just 2 people to name a few. Find all of them here.
The bottom and top of these biscuits get browned and crusty while the inside is soft. One of my very favorite biscuits. I also made a version that doesn’t have the bacon and cheese in them. You can get that recipe here: Buttered Pan Biscuits.
Do you have trouble getting your family out of bed? I’ve found your solution and it comes in the form of breakfast! Frying bacon will pretty much do the trick at my house for getting the boys out of bed. If that doesn’t work, all I need to say is Bacon Cheese Biscuits and they pop right up!
The hardest part of making these biscuits is waiting for them to bake!
First of all, everything can be mixed together in one bowl while the butter is melting. Next, simply pour the batter into the dish and bake. Most important, there is not rolling out and cutting the dough. You don’t even have to spoon and drop each biscuit. Sometimes I remember to score the top and sometimes I don’t. They bake beautifully either way and when they’re done, I cut them into 9 large portions.
Bacon Cheese Butter Pan Biscuits
- To save time, you can cook the bacon the day before. Cook, drain, chop, and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- I also, grate the cheese while the bacon is cooking. I don’t like nor do I recommend pre-shredded cheese. Pre-shredded cheese, while convenient, is covered with corn starch to prevent it from sticking together. Corn starch can change the texture and flavor in some baked goods.
- You may want to add 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions to the recipe.
- I used a glass 8×8 inch pan. I baked the biscuits at 425 for 30 minutes. If you use a metal pan, watch them closely. If may require less baking time.
- You may omit the 1 tablespoon granulated sugar. I find it helps the biscuits brown without adding any detectable sweetness to the recipe.
Bacon Cheese Butter Pan Biscuits
This homemade biscuit recipe is simple to prepare and requires no rolling, cutting, or even dropping. They are packed full of bacon and cheese and flavor!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 2/3 cups buttermilk
- 1 and 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Optional - 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Melt butter in the oven in an 8x8 or 9x9 inch pan that has at least 2-inch sides. (See notes in post.)
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in buttermilk, cheese, and bacon.
- Stir until just combined being careful not to over-work the dough, this will make it tough.
- Pour into the pan over the melted butter.
- With a sharp knife, score the biscuits in 9 equal portions.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 30 minutes or until cooked through and brown on top.
- Remove from oven and cut into squares using the score lines as a guide.
- Serve immediately.