Can I just say this is “oh my stars” good!!!! One bite of the creamy eggs, gooey cheese and salty bacon, oh my, you’ll find yourself going back for one bite after another. The potatoes give it structure and the green peppers and onions a unique flavor. I liked the fact by using the Ore-Ida® Potatoes O’Brien which already has the peppers and onions in it, saves a lot of prep time that you don’t have to waste chopping additional vegetables before getting this in the oven.
Another tip that spends up the process is microwaving the potatoes for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 2 Cups Ore-Ida® Potatoes O'Brien
- 3 Tabelspoons butter
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Melt butter in a microwave safe pie dish; add potatoes and microwave 8 to 10 minutes. Cook bacon while potatoes are cooking in the microwave. Stir together eggs, milk, slat, peper and pepper jack cheese; pour over potatoes. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 18 to 20 until eggs are almost set. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and bacon. Return to oven another 3 to 5 minutes until eggs are set and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.