Basic Cheesecake Cookie Cups a fun break from traditional cookies. Easy variations given for this recipe!
My boys asked me “Mommie, what’s your favorite food besides desserts?”
See, even they know my dessert addiction!
I love to bake desserts and I love to eat desserts!
Good for you, not so good for my skinny jeans!
These Cheesecake Cookie Cups are crunchy on the outside with a wonderful creamy cheesecake filling on the inside. Today I’m giving you a very useful tip on this cookie cup! You can make the cookie part of this with my basic sugar cookie recipe, with a sugar cookie mix, or with a refrigerated tube sugar dough. Your choice! Honestly, they’re all good and it’s strictly depends on how much time you have or want to spend on this dessert!
The cheesecake center is easy too. For the filling you’ll just need three ingredients: cream cheese, sugar and an egg. You’ll use the egg because it binds the cream cheese and sugar together and makes it firm. Otherwise, the filling will be all oozy and runny after they’re cooked.
Here’s the handy dandy Cheesecake Cookie Cups printable recipe for you!
Basic Cheesecake Cookie Cups
Yield 2 dozen
Enjoy these Basic Cheesecake Cookie Cups warm or cold. Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.
- Basic Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 egg
- Prepare Sugar Cookie dough as directed. Refrigerate dough at least 30 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and egg together with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Liberally, spray mini muffin tins with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Place 1 T cookie dough in each muffin tin. Using your fingers or a tart press (tamper) press the dough into the bottom and up sides of tin. Try to get as even as possible.
- Fill center of cookie with cream cheese mixture. It will take approximately half a tablespoon to fill.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes or until cookie is light brown and cheesecake center is set. The center will change from shiny to more matte when it's cooked.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool about 5 minutes before carefully removing them from the pan.
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
More recipes like this!