Have you ever noticed there are not many cookie recipes on Call Me PMc?
I’m super picky about cookies and I have only been completely over-the-moon with one cookie recipe. It’s my super secret Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. It’s my fall-back get rich cookie recipe so I haven’t been compelled to share it yet. I’m saving it for a ‘rainy day’ or when we need to make the mortgage payment or pay for college. (Of course, I’m being sarcastic, but it is
But, guess what?!
I love this Chocolate Peppermint Chip Cookie Recipe just as much.
And, I’m not keeping it a secret.
What makes a good cookie?
- I like oversized cookies because then you can say, “I just had one cookie”. Really, you don’t have to reveal it was the size of a plate!
- They have to be soft in the center.
- And crispy on the edges.
- And preferably warm.
So without further adieu I give to you my Chocolate Peppermint Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1 and ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 cup white, granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cup Andes peppermint crunch chips
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Gradually add this to the butter mixture.
- Stir in chips by hand.
- The mixture will be THICK.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chill in refrigerator 10 minutes.
- I used a regular sized ice cream scoop for extra large cookies.
- Drop dough onto a greased, cold cookie sheet.
- Bake 17 minutes at 350 degrees for crisp edges and gooey centers.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to sit on cookie sheet 2 minutes before removing.
- After 2 minutes, using a thin spatula, move to a wire rack to cool.
Other desserts I know you’ll love!