I realize Chili is the ‘go to’ easy, slow cooker dish when it starts getting cooler weather.
And, Chili is the number one, cold weather tailgating dish.
(Now, that is just my opinion, I really should do a survey to determine if that’s true!)
I’ll admit. I love a good bowl of chili too.
But, I feel like there are numerous other slow cooker dishes to be considered.
Take this Slow Cooker Crawfish and Shrimp dish for instance,
I mean, what’s not to love.
It’s hot and spicy.
It’ll warm you up.
It’s good with beer.
Beer is good with football.
And, there it is, it must be a winner!!
I know this looks like a lot of ingredients, but half of them are spices that you
just throw in the slow cooker.
The only thing that takes time is chopping the vegetables.
Saute’ the veggies then everything goes in the slow cooker.
Tomatoes and spices cook 4 hours
Stir crawfish and shrimp in the last 30 minutes to one hour
Serve over rice.
Slow Cooker Crawfish and Shrimp (EASY)
Author: Paula Jones
Serves: 8 cups
- 1 pound uncooked, medium fresh shrimp
- ½ c diced onion
- ½ c diced red pepper
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- ¼ c butter
- 1½ T minced garlic
- 1 T all-purpose flour
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 10 oz can tomatoes with green chiles
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- ⅔ c water
- 1 lb cooked and peeled crawfish tails
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ to ⅛ tsp red pepper
- ½ c fresh parsley (or 1½ T dried parsley)
- Hot cooked rice
- Peel shrimp and devein; set aside
- Chop onion and next 3 ingredients.
- Heat slow cooker on high
- Melt butter in a sauce pan. Add chopped vegetables and garlic. Saute' over med-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add flour, cook stirring constantly, 1 minute or until smooth.
- Add diced tomatoes and next 3 ingredients to slow cooker. Add basil, thyme, oregano, salt black pepper and red pepper to slow cooker. (If using fresh parsley add it 10 minutes before serving. If using dried parsley, add now.)
- Stir and turn slow cooker to low. Cook on low 4 hours. Add crawfish and shrimp and cook 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on temperature of your slow cooker. Check at 30 minutes. If shrimp are pink, it's ready.
- Serve hot over rice.
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
1. Slow Cooker Crawfish and Shrimp
2. Herb Butter I would use the Parsley and Shallot spread on hot French bread
3. Fresh Apple Cake for dessert. Perfect for the Fall!