Slow Cooker Crawfish and Shrimp (EASY)
Yield 8 cups
- 1 pound uncooked, medium fresh shrimp
- 1/2 c diced onion
- 1/2 c diced red pepper
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1/4 c butter
- 1 1/2 T minced garlic
- 1 T all-purpose flour
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 10 oz can tomatoes with green chiles
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2/3 c water
- 1 lb cooked and peeled crawfish tails
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/8 tsp red pepper
- 1/2 c fresh parsley (or 1 1/2 T dried parsley)
- Hot cooked rice
- Peel shrimp and devein; set aside
- Chop onion and next 3 ingredients.
- Heat slow cooker on high
- Melt butter in a sauce pan. Add chopped vegetables and garlic. Saute' over med-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add flour, cook stirring constantly, 1 minute or until smooth.
- Add diced tomatoes and next 3 ingredients to slow cooker. Add basil, thyme, oregano, salt black pepper and red pepper to slow cooker. (If using fresh parsley add it 10 minutes before serving. If using dried parsley, add now.)
- Stir and turn slow cooker to low. Cook on low 4 hours. Add crawfish and shrimp and cook 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on temperature of your slow cooker. Check at 30 minutes. If shrimp are pink, it's ready.
- Serve hot over rice.
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.