Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe is a simple classic and always a crowd-pleaser! It’s creamy and smooth on the inside with a crispy crust on the outside and top. I love that!
Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe takes 90 minutes to bake since it’s so dense, but well worth the time. It is flavored with vanilla extract and has a vanilla/buttery combo flavor.
This buttery cake is great with fresh fruit, fruit sauce, cool whip, caramel, chocolate or plain. It’s very versatile; this is one reason I like it for potlucks and parties. You can serve a Pound Cake Bar with various toppings and everyone will be happy!
This Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe is another classic Pound Cake recipe I’ve made for my Pound Cake series. You can get all the recipes here. Of the Whipping Cream Pound Cake, Cream Cheese Pound Cake and this Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe, my favorite is still the Whipping Cream Pound Cake with this sour cream one being a very close second. It is a very, very close race! Whipping Cream Pound Cake has a slightly deeper, richer taste (slightly) that’s why it is ahead of this Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe.
Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe Tips
- Always use real butter in pound cake recipes unless the recipe specifically gives you a substitution
- Use good quality ingredients. Premium flour, butter and vanilla especially. It really does make a difference in taste
- The standard in any recipe is to use Grade A Large eggs. If you use a smaller egg use this guide for substitutions
Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe
Always a crowd-pleaser, Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe is soft, moist and buttery.
- 1 cup real butter, no substitutions
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 10 cup bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time beating each one in before adding the next.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder in a small bowl then add to batter 1/2 cup at a time until combined.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 350 degrees for 90 minutes. I always like to start testing at 75 minutes. Carefully insert a long wooden pick into center of cake. Cake is done when dry crumbs or no crumbs stick to the pick.
- Allow cake to cool on a wire rack for 1 to 20 minutes before inverting on a tray to cool completely.
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Be sure to sign up for my weekly email so you won’t miss my Pound Cake series! You can sign up at the top right corner of my site.
If you like Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe, you may also like my other recipes in this series
Linking to these parties.