Two Step Fresh Peach Pound Cake Recipe is rich, moist and full of fresh, sweet peaches.
Peach Schnapps also gives this pound cake a lot of boozy flavor!
I’ll be the first to admit that I was skeptical of this recipe. I found it in Southern Living and wanted to try it for my pound cake series.
What are the Two Steps? This recipe specifies layering all the ingredients in the mixing bowl in a certain order and mixing them. There’s no creaming the butter and sugar, no adding the eggs separately and no alternating the dry and liquid ingredients. You simply dump all the ingredient in the bowl and mix. The second step in this Two Step Fresh Peach Pound Cake Recipe is simply folding in the fresh peaches. All you have to do now is wait while it bakes, if you can. That’s the hardest part!
I was pleasantly surprised when the batter tasted right, like I had made it the traditional method. I was pleasantly surprised when I peeked at the cake while baking and it was rising tall and fluffy. I was super pleasantly surprised when I tasted the first bite and this Two Step Fresh Peach Pound Cake Recipe was buttery, moist and tasted like peaches!
It’s a winner.
In the spirit of full disclosure, because of the 1/2 cup peach schnapps in this Two Step Fresh Peach Pound Cake Recipe, this cake definitely has a boozy smell and flavor. Of course, the alcohol cooks and you’re just left with the essence, but that essence if very noticeable! If you are not an alcohol fan, you can use 1 cup buttermilk and omit the peach schnapps. Your Two Step Fresh Peach Pound Cake Recipe will have a slightly less noticeable peach flavor.
I drizzled my cake with a cream cheese glaze, this is optional. I do like the extra little ump it gives the dessert though.
Because this Two Step Fresh Peach Pound Cake Recipe is so moist and because of the cream cheese glaze (if you decide to use the glaze), you’ll want to so store this cake in the refrigerator. It’ll be good in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days. It won’t last that long…
Two Step Fresh Peach Pound Cake Recipe
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted once
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup peach schnapps
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 and 1/2 cups diced fresh peaches
- Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray a 10 inch 16 cup tube pan with non-stick spray.
- In order listed add flour, sugar, butter, buttermilk, peach schnapps, eggs and vanilla to 4 quart bowl of an electric mixer.
- Beat at low 1 minute. Scrap sides.
- Mix another 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Fold in peaches.
- Pour into tube pan and bake 1 hour 25 to 1 hour 35 minutes, test cake with a wooden pick for doneness. Cake is done with no crumbs or dry crumbs are on pic.
Of all the Pound Cake Recipes I’ve reviewed, this is one of my very favorites. It’s super moist without being oily. It has a vibrant peach flavor due to the peach schnapps and fresh peaches. Did you know that most of the ‘flavor’ in food comes from the aromas in the nose rather than the tastes in the mouth? Therefore, the peach schnapps also provides a distinct ‘flavor’ because of it’s strong smell. Don’t me wrong, it’s not an over-powering smell, it just more prominent than any of the other flavor in this Two Step Fresh Peach Pound Cake.
Get all my Pound Cake Recipes here.