Avocado Lime Dressing. This creamy, tangy dressing brings together the best of both worlds – the subtle nutty flavor of avocados mixed with the citrusy tartness of the lime. Not only does this flavor combination offer a unique taste, but the avocado lime dressing is also made with healthier ingredients and is packed with beneficial vitamins and minerals.
Avocado Lime Dressing
Buttery avocado and tangy Greek yogurt are the stars of this creamy Avocado Lime Dressing. Add lime juice, garlic, and olive oil and this flavorful dressing will be your go-to on a salad or grilled chicken. It makes a tasty dip for tortilla chips too!
We all know that salads can sometimes be the “boring” option when it comes to meals. But with this vibrant and flavorful Avocado Lime dressing, your salads won’t be anything short of exciting! This creamy and zesty dressing is a fan favorite, with over 50% of surveyed home cooks citing it as their go-to dressing. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also packed with nutrients and is a great way to make a salad even more nutritious.
In this article, we’ll explore the many benefits of Avocado Lime dressing, how you can make this scrumptious dressing in just five minutes, and a variety of ways it can be used for other meals. You’ll also find lots of inspiring recipes to get you started! Let’s get cooking!
Avocados are rich in nutrients
Avocados are a good source of vitamins C, E, K, B6, riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and potassium. They also provide lutein, beta-carotene, and omega-3 fatty acids, aka healthy fats.
Furthermore, Greek yogurt provides calcium, protein, probiotics, iodine, and B12.
Avocado Lime Dressing isn’t Just for Salads.
Do you love guacamole but crave something a bit lighter? Say hello to avocado lime dressing! This delicious condiment is a perfect balance between the creamy texture of guacamole and the lightness of a vinaigrette. This is good on
- Salads. We love it on Black Bean Tomato Quinoa Salad, as a replacement for mayo-base dressing in this Broccoli Apple Salad. It’s great on roasted chicken and vegetables as well.
- Tacos. Butternut squash tacos, Fish Tacos, and Skillet Shrimp Fajitas as all excellent with Avocado lime dressing.
- Sandwiches and wraps. I enjoy substituting avocado dressing or simply smashing avocado and putting it on a sandwich or wrap instead of mayo. I absolutely love it on a Club Sandwich, give it a try.
Ingredients you’ll need
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and save the recipe to your personal and private recipe box right here on Call Me PMc. This way you’ll never misplace it.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Greek yogurt, plain flavored.
- Lime, 1/2 juiced
- In less than 5 minutes you can be enjoying this creamy dressing. You can use either a food processor it a blender to mix the dressing ingredients.
- As well, you may substitute sour cream if you prefer in place of Greek yogurt.
- Store, covered tightly, in the refrigerator for 3-4 days
If you like this salad dressing, you’ll enjoy these recipes too
Avocado Lime Dressing
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 medium avocado pitted and insides scooped out
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ -½ teaspoon minced garlic more to taste
- ½ medium lime juice or more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water or more to thin as needed
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Use water to thin as needed to achieve a pourable consistency. Taste and adjust flavors to your liking. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Leave a Reply