Blood Orange Martini is a simple and delicious cocktail with vodka and orange. It’s fruity, slightly sweet, and refreshing. It is such a bright and happy cocktail that tastes as good as it looks.
BLOOD ORANGE MARTINI
Blood oranges are citrus fruit that has a deep orange peel flecked with red and pink. On the outside but has a deep crimson flesh. The cranberry color comes from certain antioxidants known as anthocyanins. As well, they taste more floral and tart than traditional oranges. Some people even say they have hints of raspberry flavor.
The season for blood oranges is December to May if you want to use fresh blood orange juice. Other times of the year you may need to purchase blood orange juice already squeezed.
The environment affects the color and sweetness of blood oranges. The deeper the red the sweeter it’ll be.
BLOOD ORANGE MARTINI INGREDIENTS
- Vodka. I like this vodka, but use your favorite or what you have on hand. For more citrus flavor, use citrus vodka.
- Blood orange juice. If in season, freshly squeezed juice is the best. I recommend straining any pulp from the juice before adding it to your shaker.
- Triple Sec. Instead of Triple Sec, you can use Cointreau, Grand Marnier. or Orange Curacao.
- Honey. Agave nectar or simple syrup can be used. Whichever one you use, heat it in the microwave for a few seconds and it’ll mix into your cocktail much better.
METHOD FOR MAKING
Place your martini glasses in the freezer for an hour before you plan to make the cocktails. This will keep your martini chilled longer.
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add ingredients and shake well. Strain into a chilled martini glass. If you don’t have a shaker, you can use a Mason jar with a lid.
DO MARTINIS HAVE ICE?
You can serve martinis straight up which is without ice or on the rocks with is with ice. A martini without ice is served in a martini glass (like this). A martini on the rocks is served in a rocks glass.
MORE DRINKS TO MAKE
- Bikini Martini
- Memphis Blues Martini
- Pink Salty Dog
- Hurricane Martini
- Pineapple Martini
- Festive Christmas Margarita
- Best Cranberry Old Fashioned
- Fizzy Bourbon Lemonade
- Peach Old Fashioned
- Gin & Cucumber Lemonade
BLOOD ORANGE MARTINI
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 ounces vodka vodka or citrus vodka
- 2 ounces blood orange juice
- 1 ounce triple sec see above for substitutions
- ½ ounce honey see above for substitutions
- blood orange slice and mint for garnish
Thanks a lot for this super easy to make blood orange martini recipe! Super tasty and flavorful! Loved it!
Scarlet Paolicchi says
I was in luck. I just happened to have blood oranges in my fridge and these martinis were fantastic.