Cake Mix Butterfinger Pound Cake with Chocolate Ganache. A rich butter cake is absolutely filled with crushed Butterfinger candy bars then topped with chocolate ganache and more candy bars.
A very indulgent (and easy) dessert recipe!
Sometimes I want a dessert overload, but don’t have a ton of time. That’s when using a cake mix is ideal. You can add and tweak and make a gourmet tasting cake that starts with a cake mix.
My love of baking actually began with using cake mixes. I was about nine years old when I starting baking so that’s understandable for a child. I grew as a baker from there, but everyone has to start somewhere and I still love using cake mixes. They are convenient and quick and you need just one box instead of three or four different items.
Cake Mix Butterfinger Pound Cake with Chocolate Ganache is a buttery and tender cake loaded with Butterfinger candy bars. The candy bars give it a slight peanut butter and chocolate flavor with just the right amount of crunch.
Cake Mix Butterfinger Pound Cake with Chocolate Ganache
This is not a cake you can let sit in the pan for a long time after taking out of the oven. The Butterfinger candy bars tend to sink to the bottom and once they get cold they will stick to the pan, regardless of how much non-stick spray or shortening you’ve greased the pan with. Therefore, I recommend turning it out on your serving platter no longer than 10 minutes after removing it from the oven.
As well, if the cake does happen to stick to the pan, you can totally cover it with the ganache frosting.
I used a Butter flavored cake mix, you can use a white cake mix or even a chocolate cake mix. Obviously, the chocolate cake mix will give it a different flavor, but I’ve tried it and it’s also really very good.
I used this recipe for Chocolate Frosting with Cocoa Powder and Powdered Sugar.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3.4 ounce package vanilla instant pudding
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups Butterfingers candy bars, crushed about 4 regular size bars or 1- 11.5-ounce bag mini candy bars. (Reserve 1/4 cup to garnish the top of the cake.)
- Spray 10-inch bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Beat at medium speed 2 minutes.
- Fold in crushed Butterfinger candy bars. (Don't forget to reserve some for the top of the cake.)
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes at 350 degrees F or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean or with dry crumbs.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Invert onto a serving platter to cool completely.
In desired, frost with Chocolate Frosting, see link in the post above for recipe.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
You may also like these recipes
See all the POUND CAKES I’ve reviewed.
Check out some of my most popular recipes