Creamy White Wine Chicken is creamy and hearty comfort food! Seared chicken breasts are smothered in a creamy sauce.
CREAMY WHITE WINE CHICKEN
Even though this recipe doesn’t have many ingredients, it does have plenty of flavors. Herbs De Provence makes this dish in my opinion. If you’re unfamiliar with Herbs De Provence it’s a spice blend that often contains marjoram, rosemary, thyme, and oregano. However, that combination varies between brands. You can also use Italian seasoning whichever you prefer or have on hand.
This is an easy recipe to double or even triple.
CREAMY WHITE WINE CHICKEN VARIATIONS
You can also add mushrooms and onions to this chicken. Add them after the chicken and cook them for 3 to 4 minutes.
HOW DO I KNOW WHEN THE CHICKEN IS DONE?
Chicken is safe to eat when it has an internal temperature of 165°F. Use an instant-read thermometer to test for doneness. If you don’t have a thermometer, you can cut into the thickest part of the chicken. It’s done if the juices run clear.
HOW DO I REHEAT?
I recommend reheating this on the stovetop on low. Low heat will help prevent the sauce from separating. I actually think the sauce has more flavor after it’s reheated.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- Crockpot Green Chile Chicken
- Chicken Dip
- Slow Cooker Creamy Buffalo Chicken
- Homemade Chicken Bread
- Slow Cooker Zesty Italian Chicken
- Stove Top Cajun Butter Chicken Bites
- Copycat Cajun Cafe Bourbon Chicken Bites
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken
- Crock Pot Crack Chicken Recipe
You can also find great recipes at Recipe Index
I updated this post from an earlier version dated July 19, 2012, I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
Chicken in Cream Sauce
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 pound chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Herbs De Provence or Italian seasoning
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Split chicken breast and pound with a meat mallet to an even thickness.
- Rub salt, pepper, and Herbs De Provence on the chicken.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high, when the pan is hot, add oil and butter, when oil and butter are hot add 2 chicken cutlets to the pan. (Don't overcrowd the pan, depending on the size of your pan add only 2 pieces of chicken at a time.)
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes on the first side. Do not disturb. When chicken is brown and releases from the pan easily, turn it to the second side. Cook for 3 to 4 more minutes. It usually doesn't take as long on the second side.
- When all breasts are cooked, take the chicken out of the pan and set it aside.
- Add the wine and chicken broth to the pan and let it bubble for about a minute. Stir to scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pan. Simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the pan and simmer for about 5 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.