A festive Christmas cake, Crusty Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Pound Cake, will have your guests raving for more!
Candy canes are the epitome of Christmas for their beautiful color and minty flavor. Combined with chocolate this Crusty Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Pound cake recipe is the only dessert you need this holiday season!
With the combination of butter and cream cheese, this pound cake is velvety smooth and luscious with that much-desired crusty top. It’s bursting with peppermint flavor and studded with chocolate chips. I topped my Crusty Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Pound Cake with a silky frosting made with marshmallow fluff. The crowning jewel to dress the cake, even more, are crushed candy canes to garnish the frosting. They make a beautiful and festive garnish!
Crusty Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Pound Cake recipe
I would describe this cake as having a peppermint flavor with a hint of chocolate. Peppermint is added in an extract and crushed candy canes in the cake, as well as in the frosting. You can substitute peppermint chips for the crushed candy canes which you can find in most stores during the holiday season with the other baking products.
I used dark chocolate for the chocolate chips to balance the super sweet peppermint flavor. You can substitute milk chocolate or your favorite chocolate chip or chocolate chunk in the cake.
I have tested and baked a lot of pound cakes for my Pound Cakes Reviewed series. Therefore, I know alot about baking in general, but specifically baking pound cakes. Baking is a science that requires precise measuring and precise temperatures. I wrote all my tips, tricks, and advice about Baking the Perfect Pound Cake in this post. Please click over and read through it.
Crusty Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Pound cake make a beautiful, but most of all it tastes heavenly!
Candy canes are the epitome of Christmas for their beautiful color and minty flavor. Combine that peppermint flavor with chocolate in this Crusty Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Pound cake and you've got one decadent tasting recipe. This is the only dessert you need this holiday season!
- 1 and 1/4 cup real butter at room temperature no substitution
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs at room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed candy canes
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter at room temperature no substitutions
- 3/4 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 4 to 5 tablespoons milk
- crushed and whole candy canes chocolate chips, and marshmallows for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 10-inch tube pan
- Cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add eggs two at a time alternating with flour, beating after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla and peppermint.
- Fold in crushed candy canes and chocolate chips by hand.
- Spoon into prepared tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 80 to 90 minutes or until pick inserted in center of the cake comes out clean or with dry crumbs. (A dark pan will take a shorter amount of time to cook.)
- Allow cake to cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before inverting onto serving platter.
- Cool completely before frosting or storing.Marshmallow Mint Frosting
- Mix butter and marshmallow cream together until smooth.
- Mix in peppermint, sugar, and milk one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency.
- Spoon over top of cooled cake.
- Garnish with candy canes, chocolate chips, and marsmallows.
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.