Best 5 Flavor Pound Cake Recipe has a wonderful 5 Flavor
First of all, baking this cake will make your house smell amazing!! I mean, not just amazing, but A M A Z I N G!!!!!
Is there really anything better than the crusty top of a pound cake? Seriously. Divine!
I have many Pound Cake recipes, here are some of them Whipping Cream Pound Cake Recipe, Cream Cheese Pound Cake, Sour Cream Pound Cake, Greek Yogurt Pound Cake, Chocolate Pound Cake, Blue Ribbon Pound Cake and the list goes on and on.
BEST 5 FLAVOR POUND CAKE RECIPE
Astonishingly, I’ve had over 40 pound cake recipes on my site and just now adding this delectable classic to the list! The Sour Cream Pound Cake was the first pound cake I ever made when I was a teenager. Furthermore, I was obsessed with pound cakes from that time on. A neighbor of ours always brought us this Five Flavor Pound Cake at Christmas. After she gave me the recipe, I really thought I was doing something grand making a cake that had FIVE different flavors in it!
This buttery cake is great with fresh fruit, fruit sauce, cool whip, caramel, chocolate, or plain. It’s very versatile; this is one reason I like it for potlucks and parties. You can serve a Pound Cake Bar with various toppings and everyone will be happy!
It is pretty special!
Most pound cake names are after the dairy product that’s in them. Sour Cream,
PRO TIPS for BEST 5 FLAVOR POUND CAKE RECIPE
First, if you don’t have one of the flavor extracts, simply double up on one of the other ones. Additionally, sub 1 teaspoon of rum extract in this recipe with 2 tablespoons of rum liquor.
If you consistently have problems baking, check out Baking Cakes Problems and Tips
Also of note, you may want to review How to Bake the Perfect Pound Cake.
HOW DO YOU STORE LEFTOVER POUND CAKE
I recommend storing leftover pound cake on the counter at room temperature in an airtight container. Therefore, I wrap it in plastic wrap or cut it into slices and keep it in a covered cake plate. Furthermore, it will last anywhere from 3 to 4 days at room temperature or 5 to 7 days in the refrigerator.
CAN I FREEZE POUND CAKE?
You can freeze a pound cake with great success. Wrap it up tightly with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap and store it in the freezer for 4 to 6 months.
BE SURE TO HOP OVER AND CHECK OUT MY OTHER POUND CAKE RECIPES
You can find all the recipe here: Pound Cakes Reviewed
- Fig Preserve Pound Cake
- Key Lime Marbled Pound Cake
- Old Fashioned Blue Ribbon Pound Cake
- Strawberry & Cream Pound Cake
- Amaretto Peach Upside Down Pound Cake
- Fresh Strawberry Pound Cake
- Butterbeer Pound Cake
- Tiramisu Pound Cake
- Orange Creamsicle Pound Cake
- Citrus Pound Cake
- Woodford Reserve Bourbon Cake
- Fig Preserve Pound Cake
- Hummingbird Cake Pound Cake
Best 5 Flavor Pound Cake with 5 Flavor Butter Glaze
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 cup butter at room temperature, no substitutions
- ½ cup solid vegetable shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs at room temperature
- 3 cup all-purpose flour sifted then measured correctly
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon butter extract
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter not margarine
- ½ teaspoon each vanilla extract, almond extract, coconut extract, rum extract, & butter extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 325° F. (If you haven't calibrated your oven recently, I recommend you calibrate your oven once a year. For info read: How to Calibrate your Oven.)
- Add eggs one at a time beating each one in before adding the next. Stop mixer and scrape sides. Mix again.
- Next, stir the extracts into the milk. Then combine the salt and baking powder with the flour. Alternately add the flour mixture and the milk mixture to the creamed sugar mixture beginning and ending with the flour. Stop the mixer and scrape the sides. Mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into your prepared pan. Smooth the top.
- Bake at 325°F for 75 to 85 minutes or until done.
- Carefully insert a cake tester into the center of the cake. The cake is done when dry crumbs or no crumbs stick to the pick. As well, the internal temperature of the cake will be 200°F when fully cooked.
- During the last 5 minutes of baking, make the glaze. In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the sugar, butter, and water. Bring to a slow boil, reduce heat, and simmer for three minutes, whisking about every 30 seconds. Remove the pan from the heat source and whisk in the extracts.
- When the cake is done cooking, remove from the oven and use a long skewer to poke holes all over the cake while it is still in the pan. Next, use a butter knife to loosen the cake around the edges of the pan as well as the center hole. Carefully pour the hot glaze over the cake allowing the glaze to seep into the cake. Allow the cake to set 10 to 15 minutes to soak in the glaze.
- Once all of the glaze has been absorbed, loosen the edges and center of the cake again using a butter knife. Flip cake over onto a cake platter.
- Store in an airtight cake taker either on the counter or the refrigerator. It will stay fresh on the counter 3 to 4 days and in the refrigerator 5 to 7 days. See notes above for freezing.