Greek Yogurt Strawberry Jam Pound Cake is fluffy and moist. Smothered with white chocolate ganache this cake is h-e-a-v-e-n!!
I’m continuing my epic pound cake series with this cake. It’s the perfect, fun cake that kids and adults will both enjoy. It’s sure to be the most popular dessert at your potlucks and parties. This is a very different pound cake from the others that I’ve tested.
With that being said, it’s very good. This cake has a light texture and a small crumb. Even though it has strawberry jam in the cake, strawberry is not a prominent flavor. It really has more of a classic vanilla flavor.
Greek Yogurt Strawberry Jam Pound Cake Tips
- Always have your butter and eggs at room temperature.
- Use good quality ingredients, no generic brands for baking.
- When a recipe calls for eggs, use large eggs unless specified in the recipe
- Read all about different flours here.
- Measuring flour correctly makes a huge difference when baking. Read the correct way to measure flour here.
- A good secret tip if the top of your bundt cake breaks or sticks to your pan, top with a thick ganache to cover it up. This cake didn’t stick, but I have had plenty that did. No one has to know!
I wrote a very detailed post on How to Bake the Perfect Pound Cake. I recommend you hop over and read it.
As well, I recommend calibrating your oven once a year. Read How to Calibrate your Oven here.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Southern Blueberry Dessert Dumplings
- Old Fashioned Cinnamon Rolls
- Easy Lemon Cobbler
- Strawberry Shortcake Twinkie
- 10 Tasty Recipes to Make Now with Fresh Strawberries
Greek Yogurt Strawberry Jam Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 and 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking power
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup good quality chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- To butter mixture, add buttermilk alternately with flour mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Pour batter in bundt pan and smooth top evenly.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean or with dry crumbs
- Cool before adding ganache.
- In a small saucepan, add sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips. Heat on medium low. Stir constantly until chocolate chips melt and mixture is smooth. Add vanilla and stir. Pour over cake.