Fresh Zucchini Tart is a simply delicious tart filled with the best produce summer has to offer.
Fresh Zucchini Tart starts with an easy premade crust, topped with zucchini then smothered with cheese. What’s not to love about this savory tart?
This easygoing pie is Southern comfort at its best. Country cooking is straightforward, seasonal, and delicious.
This tart is so scrumptious that you can serve it at any time of the day. It’s appropriate for brunch, a healthy lunch, for a savory picnic, or even a fun, light family dinner next to a big salad.
Fresh Zucchini Tart is an ingenious way to camouflage veggies for your kids (or husband!). They won’t even realize what hit them.😉
Fresh Zucchini Tart
- First, you can substitute yellow squash for the zucchini if you prefer.
- Also, you can use pie crust or pizza crust for the crust.
- If you want to get really decadent, cover the top with crust butter crackers and a drizzle of butter.
- I prefer to saute the zucchini and onions until they are soft. However, you can put the raw vegetables in the tart to bake if you prefer more firm zucchini and onions.
- Sometimes I make this is an actual tart pan. Other times, I make it in a sheet pan.
- Finally, you could prep this ahead of time and bake when ready.
Fresh Zucchini Tart
- 1 package crescent roll sheet crescent rolls comes in a solid sheet, but if you can't find them get the regular ones and press the seams together.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 4 cups zucchini sliced and not peeled
- 1 cup onion diced or sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- Melt butter in a large saute pan. Add zucchini and onion and cook until translucent.
- Add parsley, salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil, and oregano leaves. Stir, simmer 10 minutes.
- Spread mustard on top of crescent rolls. Allow zucchini and onions to cool until cool enough to add eggs without cooking eggs. Pour zucchini egg mixture into prepared crust.
- Top with mozzarella. Cook for 18 to 20 minutes at 375 degrees F. Allow to stand 5 minutes before cutting.