Extra awesome Grands Grilled Cheese Sandwich is the best comfort food. This messy mash-up is guaranteed to make your taste buds jump for joy!
Using Pillsbury Grands™ Biscuits in this Grilled Cheese Sandwich may be unexpected, but, wow, it’s so good!
GRANDS GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
This grilled cheese sandwich just has two ingredients, Pillsbury Grands canned biscuits and cheese. I did you two different kinds of cheese, cheddar and mozzarella.
For this grilled cheese you need to first cook the biscuits. With a rolling pin roll each biscuit out as thin as you can get it. It should me at least 6-inches in diameter or larger. If it’s not at least 6-inches roll it some more. You need it to be really thin. Otherwise, it’ll puff up too much when cooking it.
They’ll roll flat better and cook better if you’ll allow the biscuits to come to room temperature or close to it.
Typically, canned biscuits have enough fat in them that you won’t need any flour on your rolling pin to prevent them from sticking. However, if you find the dough sticking simply dust a little on the dough and the rolling pin.
Heat a skillet or griddle on low. They need to cook slowly so the inside gets done. I used a well-seasoned cast-iron skillet and did not need spray to prevent the dough from sticking to the pan. Cook on the first side for 1.5 to 2 minutes. You can lift the edge to see if it’s brown. Flip to the other side and cook another 1.5 to 2 minutes. Your stove low setting may be hotter or not as hot as mine. Therefore, it’s important for you to check and test to make sure it’s brown before flipping.
FOR THE CHEESE
As mentioned above I use cheddar and mozzarella. You can use your favorite cheese or whatever you have on hand. A good, smooth, melty cheese is always good in grilled cheese sandwiches. I used cheddar cheese and mozzarella. I do not recommend sliced American processed cheese.
More recipes you’ll love
- Jalapeno Pimento Cheese & Bacon Grilled Cheese
- Grilled Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
- Egg in a Hole Grilled Cheese
- Zesty Cuban Sandwich
- Sweet Tea Brined Chicken Cheddar Sandwich
- Brie & Fig Grilled Cheese
- Blackberry Bacon Grilled Cheese
- Egg in a Hole Grilled Cheese
- Boy Scout Campout Bacon Hash Brown Breakfast Sandwich
- Muffuletta Sandwich
I updated this post from an earlier version dated September 13, 2013. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Have you tried this? Please consider leaving a 5-star rating & comment.
Grands Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 6 ounce can Pillsbury® Grands!® refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (4 biscuits)
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- Separate dough into 4 biscuits. With a rolling pin flatten each biscuit to 6-inched in diameter.
- Heat a skillet to low.
- Add biscuit rounds, as many as will fit in the pan with room to flip; cook 2 minutes per side.
- Turn biscuit over and cook about 2 minutes (or until light golden brown.)
- Remove from skillet.
- Place 2 slices of cheese on one side of 2 flattened biscuits. Top with another flattened biscuit.
- Return to skillet; cook 1 to 2 minutes then flip and cook another 1 to 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.