One Pan Stick of Butter Rice is buttery, flavorful, and the easiest side dish you’ll ever make! It’s a tasty, simple, and versatile side that goes with chicken, pork, and beef!
This is seriously my go to side recipe when I don’t know what else to make!
This recipe will amaze and wow you, it’s so simple to make with very basic ingredients. As a result, I can almost guarantee that you already have the ingredients to make it right in your pantry!
Just for clarification a ‘stick of butter’ is 1/2 cup of butter. I realize it’s not sold in sticks everywhere.
With just a few ingredients, this baked rice recipe has so much deep, rich flavor. First, you toast the rice in melted butter. You can do this in a pan on the stovetop. Or, you can do it in a casserole dish in the oven. For the sake of easier clean up, and who doesn’t love that, I toast it in the same dish that I bake the rice in.
After toasted, you will stir in beef liquid and cook the rice about 45 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is fluffy and tender.
One Pan Stick of Butter Rice recipe
There are a couple of different liquids you can use in this recipe. You can use 20 ounces of either beef consomme, french onion soup, or beef stock. Beef stock doesn’t give as rich of flavor as the consomme or soup provides, but the rice is still great if you’re in a pinch and it’s all you have on hand.
As well, you may want to add 1/2 cup diced onions, 1/2 cup or 1 can of sliced mushrooms, diced pimento peppers, or even a handful of sliced almonds to the rice to kick the flavor up even more. My boys are purest and prefer ‘straight rice’.
You can reduce the amount of butter to 1/3 or 1/4 cup if you prefer. It will still be awesome.
You may add salt and pepper to the rice. I find that with the soup it is salty enough.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Shortcut Fried Rice
- Easy Mexican Rice
- Shrimp and Vegetable Fried Rice
- 20 Minute Pork Chop & Rice (one pot)
- Rice Pudding
One Pan Stick of Butter Rice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup rice
- 20 ounce French Onion soup or beef consomme
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 1/2 cup butter in an 8x11 oven-safe casserole dish and place in the oven to melt.
- Remove melted butter from the oven and add rice to butter and stir to coat.
- Bake rice in butter 3 to 4 minutes or until toasted.
- Once the rice is light brown and toasted add the soup or consomme to the rice and butter and stir to combine.
- Return to oven and bake 40 to 45 minutes or until rice is tender, fluffy, and all the liquid is absorbed.