Ruby Red Grapefruit Pound Cake recipe, tart and sweet, this dessert is inventive, interesting, and unique.
This cake is light and airy with a luscious texture. I fell a little more in love with it with every bite.
Not an overly sweet cake, I would serve this with coffee at breakfast or brunch probably because that’s the time in which I associate grapefruit flavors.
I’ve been testing every kind of Pound Cake that you can think of. I’ve made Pumpkin Pound Cake, Pecan Pie Pound Cake, Lemon Pound Cake, Million Dollar Pound Cake, Old Fashioned Blue Ribbon Pound Cake, and Whipping Cream Pound Cake to name a few. (You can see the entire list here or at the end of this post.)
Ruby Red Grapefruit Pound Cake recipe, tart and sweet, this dessert is inventive, interesting, and unique. This cake is light and airy with a luscious texture. I fell a little more in love with it with every bite.
- 3 and 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Ruby Red grapefruit zest
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed Ruby Red grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners sugar sifted
- 3 tablespoons Ruby Red grapefruit juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a tube or bundt pan.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Whisk eggs in another bowl.
- Add yogurt, buttermilk, brown sugar, oil, grapefruit juice, grapefruit zest, and vanilla to eggs and whisk.
- Combine the flour with the wet ingredients.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean or with dry crumbs.
- Remove the cake from oven and allow to cool for 20 to 30 minutes on wire rack.
- After 20 or 30 minutes, gently remove from pan to serving platter.
- Whisk together confectioners' sugar, grapefruit juice, and vanilla extract.
- Drizzle glaze over warm cake.
- Slice and serve.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for 4 to 5 days or in the refrigerator up to 7 days.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
Ruby Red Grapefruit Pound Cake
For a successful pound cake, there are a few very important things to remember.
- Measuring flour is of utmost importance. Please read this post on how to correctly measure flour.
- It takes a little patience to make. Don’t rush the mixing process.
- Also, add the eggs one at a time. The standard size egg is a large unless otherwise specified in the recipe. You may want to refer to this chart if you have another size of egg.
- Finally, allow the cake to cool at least 20 minutes in the pan before inverting it onto a platter.
- Use good ingredients. Always use real butter when making a pound cake. Margarine will not have the same result. Purchase the best flour, vanilla, etc that you can afford. It really does make a difference with such simple ingredients.
- This cake freezes well. Freeze in an airtight container up to 3 months. Thaw the cake in the refrigerator overnight or on the countertop at room temperature a few hours.
Below are all the pound cake recipes that I’ve reviewed. Click on the photo for recipe.