The drink of summer is here. This party staple, Tequila Limeade Recipe, is a margarita cocktail everyone should know how to whip up!
I like my cocktail recipes just like I like my other recipes, simple, easy, and with few ingredients. With only a few ingredients, you’ll want to make sure each ingredient is good quality since each flavor with shine through.
Furthermore, I used a good tequila. I prefer Don Julio Silver. Don Julio Blanco or Patron Silver are also good options. But, use your favorite or the best you can afford.
As well, a salt rim is nice for this cocktail. However, if you prefer, you can do a sugar rim. Or, you may want to try a mixture of both. Also, if you zest lime into the sugar or salt, it will give more flavor and a nice aroma as your drinking.
How to rim a glass
- Start with a shallow plate or bowl of water, lime juice or lemon juice. Dip the rim of your glass into the liquid. Alternatively, you could cut a lime or lemon wedge and moisten the rim with it.
- Step two, you want to evenly dip the rim into the sugar, salt, or whatever you’re riming the glass with. I have used non-pareils and chocolate. You may want to use coconut or sprinkles, dependingly on what you’re serving. Get creative.
- Carefully craft your cocktail and pour into your glass.
This is a fantastic shaker set with a muddler and shot glass for cocktail making.
Tequila Limeade Recipe
- 2 ounces tequila
- 4 ounces limeade
- 2 ounces tonic water
- 2 slices lime
- 1 sprig mint
- Add mint leaves, lime slice, and a couple of ice cubes to a shake. Muddle breaking up the ingredients
- Add tequila and limeade to the shaker and shake well.
- Strain into a glass with crushed ice. Top with tonic and stir.
- Serve immediately