This post brought to you by Simply Potatoes. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Call Me PMc.
Hash Brown Slow Cooker Potato Soup is creamy, comforting soup without the work!
A few minutes prep time and dinner will be waiting tonight!
I love the ease of a slow cooker for the busy weeknight meals. What’s even better than the help of a slow cooker is products that are healthy, but already prepped for you. This makes getting your recipe ready even quicker.
Less time prepping means more time with what’s important, spending time with your family.
Simply Potatoes makes slow cooker recipes a snap. All you do is cut open the bag of Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns and add them to your recipe. There’s no peeling, slicing or dicing. The potatoes are recipe ready!
Bonus, Simply Potatoes are made from fresh potatoes and never frozen. You can taste the freshness and flavor really shines through in this recipe.
Besides, hash browns are one of my family’s favorite foods from straight up hash browns cooked crisp stove-top to breakfast casseroles to this Hash Brown Slow Cooker Potato Soup.
Hash Brown Slow Cooker Potato Soup
- If you don’t have a slow cooker, you can make this stovetop in a large pot. Add your ingredients as directed below and simmer on low for 2 hours or until the potatoes are cooked.
- Change up your soup by adding one cup each corn and/or ham and 1/2 cup of celery.
- Find Simply Potatoes in the refrigerated dairy section of your grocery store.
- 1 (20-ounce) bag Simply Potato Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes
- 32-ounce chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup onion diced
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Add broth, water, onion, salt, pepper and potatoes to slow cooker.
- Cook on high 3 hours.
- Whisk flour and cream together until smooth. Add to slow cooker.
- Cook 30 minutes on medium.
- Add cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot with cheese, sour cream, bacon and green onions.