As well, if you don’t have time to roll the mixture into meatballs, you can either use a spring release scoop (ice cream scoop) to scoop them into muffin tins. This also helps speed up the cooking time. Or you can make one meatloaf out of the mixture. Granted the meatloaf will take longer to cook, 45 to 55 minutes, but reguires much less hands off time of rolling each ball.
You see I was cold Busted!!!After I laughed and laughed, told everybody I talked to, posted it on Facebook and blogged about it, which is not out of the ordinary for me to do when something is side-splitting funny! However, this time Ryder overheard someone, who shall remain nameless, laughing about his ‘butt cake‘ statement. Now, I had to sign a non-disclosure! Which in 7 year old world speak is a Pinky Swear!!Basically, I had to Pinky Swear not to use his material. Really, is he planning to blog about it?Or, write a book? (because he doesn’t totally get noun/verb agreement!) Isn’t this what Mother’s do, laugh at their kids? Use their best stuff to promote the blog… to get a laugh? I mean, what was the point of 18 months of pregnancy26 hours of labor and endless nights of sleeplessness…If I can’t make fun of my own kids?!? Totally kidding. 😉
- 1 and ½ pounds ground beef
- ½ cup fresh bread crumbs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 3 Tablespoons green onion minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup canola oil
- BBQ Sauce
- 1 and ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all ingredients for meatballs except 1 c flour and 1/2 c canola oil. Form meat mixture into small balls and place on a cookie sheet. Chill in freezer 10 to 20 minutes. Heat a large sauce pan to med-hi. Add canola oil. Remove meatballs from freezer and dredge in flour. Cook meatballs in oil, browning on all sides. Remove and place on a cookie sheet or pan with sides.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine sauce ingredients and pour over meatballs. Bake at 350 degrees 30 to 40 minutes until center is no longer pink. Serve immediately.