BBQ Meatballs is the perfect comfort food and a great recipe for entertaining or weeknight meals. Along with a bold flavor, they are easy to make in either the oven or slow cooker.
Best BBQ Meatballs Recipe
As well, if you don’t have time to roll the mixture into meatballs, you can either use a spring release scoop (ice cream scoop) to scoop them into muffin tins. This also helps speed up the cooking time. Or you can make one meatloaf out of the mixture. Granted the meatloaf will take longer to cook, 45 to 55 minutes, but reguires much less hands off time of rolling each ball.
Another alternative would be to cook in the slow cooker on high for 2 to 3 hours.
You can also make ahead and freeze meatballs. This is great when you plan to entertain.
Furthermore, if you may also like the flavor of my Mexican meatloaf or my Sweet and Tangy Meatloaf. You can make either of these recipes into meatballs or a muffin tin. As described above, they can also be cooked in the slow cooker. (I cook meatballs in the slow cooker, but have never cooked a meat loaf in the slow cooker.)
You’ll also enjoy these recipes: Browned Butter Honey Garlic Shrimp, Steakhouse Wedge Salad, Napa Cabbage Slaw, or Cobb Salad with Buttermilk Garlic Dressing, Twice Baked Potato Casserole, Muenster Mac and Cheese, or Parmesan Potatoes.
BBQ Meatball Encore dish
You can make Meatball Sandwich in hoagie buns. To do this heat the meatballs as is or add store bought spaghetti sauce. Next, you will toast the buns and layer hot meatballs in the buns. Finally, you need to layer sliced mozzarella over the meatballs and broil until the cheese melts. As well, you can make spaghetti and meatballs. The tang from bbq sauce is add an excellent flavor base.
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 and ½ pounds ground beef
- ½ cup fresh bread crumbs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 3 Tablespoons green onion minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup canola oil
- BBQ Sauce
- 1 and ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all ingredients for meatballs except 1 c flour and 1/2 c canola oil. Form meat mixture into small balls and place on a cookie sheet. Chill in freezer 10 to 20 minutes. Heat a large sauce pan to med-hi. Add canola oil. Remove meatballs from freezer and dredge in flour. Cook meatballs in oil, browning on all sides. Remove and place on a cookie sheet or pan with sides.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine sauce ingredients and pour over meatballs. Bake at 350 degrees 30 to 40 minutes until center is no longer pink. Serve immediately.