Call Me PMc 2012 – We’ve come a long way baby! I started this blog on March 21, 2012. I have never made so little money nor been so passionate about any job. Big Daddy calls it ‘obsessed’ but I prefer passionate! If you think you’ll start a blog and it’ll be all fun and no work, think again. It’s been a ton of work!
My 10 most popular posts this year are from most popular to least:
Martha Washington Candy
Outrageous Red Velvet Brownies
Oatmeal Cookie and Cream Cheese Bars
Gourmet Candy-Coated Caramel Apple Creations
Apple Fritter Cake
Old Fashion Southern Butter Roll
Call Me PMc 2012
A Few Things I’ve learned this year:
1. Do not re-do what you’ve asked your kids to do regardless of how badly you want to!
2. When trying a new recipe, read it not once, not twice, but 3 times before making it
3. When you cook with your kids it’s not about the end result, but the process, that is important. It doesn’t have to be perfect. And, it’s okay if there are no cookies left to bake after eating all the dough!
4. When you don’t think you can run another step much less a mile, you can! Mind over the body (or mind over pain!)
5. A seven-year-old can talk the entire 8 hours of a road trip and/or give a play-by-play of the Pokemon game.
6. If you know the words to a song, your kids will hate that song.
7. Dancing, even good dancing, will embarrass your kids!
8. Use real butter.
9. Keep a back-up bottle of your husband’s favorite bourbon.
10. Do not walk away from the kitchen when you have something on broil!
11. Even though our first time as dog owners didn’t go so well, I’m so thankful we gave it another chance and got Summer!
12. You can have a Ten Year Plan; it’s good to have goals and plan for the future. But, some of the best things in life are unexpected blessings. Sometimes, you just have to go with it!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO Call Me Pmc Newsletter FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX! You may also want to join my Facebook Group, Call Me Pmc- Easy Recipes.
Eva Gallant says
I think I gained 5 lbs. just looking at the pictures!
Our Neck of the Woods says
Those desserts look heavenly! I love red velvet cake and red velvet brownies sound out of this world.
I like your list of what you've learned this year. I totally agree with #10! Things can go from brown to burned in an instant under the broiler – learned that the hard way!
Wishing you and yours all the best in 2013!