Braised Short Ribs are the Best Damn Short Ribs you’ll ever have! These short ribs are cooked in red wine until falling off-the-bone tender!
You’ll need a Dutch oven for this recipe. Below are recommendations at different price points. Click on the photo for more information.
BEST DAMN SHORT RIBS
Before I had beef short ribs, I didn’t understand all the hoopla surrounding them. Well, they really are that good. Simmered until tender with red wine, hello, what’s not to love!?
Short ribs are a popular cut of beef. Beef short ribs are larger and usually more tender and meatier than their pork counterpart, pork spare ribs
This recipe takes a long time (three hours is an eternity for someone with no patience!) to make but it’s not difficult. You don’t stand over the stove for 3 hours straight. You do a step, then read your trashy novel (or maybe that’s just me), do a step, then clean the kitchen, do a step, back to the novel.
It is SO worth the time…..
BRAISED SHORT RIB STORY
Ryder said, “Yum! This is good and I know good. I may not know when other things are good or bad, but I know when food is good or bad!” Yep, he’s right.
Wesley said, “These are the best damn short ribs.” Holy moly, my friends, that is like winning the Boston Marathon! Food critic #1 gave it a 10!!! The heavens parted and the angels sang Hal-le-lu-jahhhhhhh!!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR YOUR BEST DAMN SHORT RIBS
A full list of ingredients and amounts is in the recipe card below. As well, set up your recipe box for free so you will never lose this wonderful recipe.
- Short ribs
- Red wine
- Beef broth
First, dry ribs with a paper towel then salt and pepper. Brown on all sides in a
After ribs are browned, remove to a pan. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Next, add red wine and boil until reduced to about 1 cup.
Return the ribs back to the pan and add 4 cups of beef broth. Place the lid on the dish and bake in a 325-degree oven for 2 and 1/2 to 3 hours. Take out of the oven and remove ribs to a plate. Skim excess fat off the top, then boil until reduced by about half. The longer you boil and reduce the more intense the remaining broth will be. Replace ribs and simmer a couple of minutes longer. Serve over rice, with cheesy grits, or with buttered noodles.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
- Blistered Tomato Ricotta Pasta
- Tomato Cheese Tart
- Whipped Feta with Blistered Tomatoes
- Tomato Cream Sauce Sausage Gnocchi
- New Orleans Sausage Shrimp Crawfish Pasta
Tools you’ll need for this recipe
shop tools needed at Walmart
shop tools needed at Target
- Dutch oven
- pepper mill
- garlic press
- cup and spoon measures
- large spoon
Last But Not Least… I love hearing from you and would love it if you would leave a rating and a comment. Please follow me on Instagram and tag me with a photo when you make this recipe.
Best Damn Short Ribs
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2-3 pounds beef short ribs
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 bottle red wine such as Cabernet or Pinot noir
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Pat ribs dry and salt and pepper all sides. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large Dutch oven. Add ribs and brown on all sides. Remove ribs and add garlic until softened but not browned.
- Pour in red wine, boil until it reduces to about 1 cup. Add ribs and any juices that have seeped out back in the post along with the beef broth.
- Cover pot and put in the oven until the meat almost falls off bones about 3 hours.
- After 3 hours. Remove pan from the oven. Scoop out ribs to a platter and cover to keep warm. Skim off any fat from top of the broth. Simmer about 10 minutes to thicken.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter and whisk until melted. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Put ribs back in the broth and serve.