Buckeye Fudge is easy, no-cook, no-fuss, foolproof fudge that’s dense, chewy, and full of rich peanut butter flavor!!
WHAT IS BUCKEYE CANDY?
Buckeye candy is a mixture of peanut butter, confectioners’ sugar, butter, and graham cracker crumbs. It’s mixture together, formed into a ball, then partially dipped in chocolate. They get the name because they look like buck eyes.
Instead of the truffles, I didn’t form my fudge candy into balls. Instead, I smoothed it out in a pan and topped it with chocolate. This cut down the prep time significantly with the same sweet flavor result.
The base of my fudge is a mixture of peanut butter and graham cracker crumbs. There’s no cooking so it comes together quickly and easily. The chocolate frosting is melted chocolate chips. It’s just that simple.
You may also like
- Mix together peanut butter, butter, confectioners' sugar, and graham cracker crumbs.
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, waxed paper, or parchment paper. Evenly press peanut butter mixture into the pan. You can use the bottom of a flat glass to get it smooth.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave at 30-second intervals. Stir until smooth.
- Immediately pour melted chocolate over the peanut butter mixture and smooth evenly with a spatula.
- Allow chocolate to cool and set before cutting. You can refrigerate about 30 minutes to speed this process.