Candy Corn Poke Cake is a super easy and festive cake recipe that is all dressed up candy corn style for Halloween. This cake recipe is wonderfully moist and delicious.
CANDY CORN POKE CAKE
This poke cake is fun and festive with the addition of yellow, orange, and candy corn for Halloween. It starts with a box of cake mix and is topped with a
WHAT IS A POKE CAKE?
A poke cake is typically a 9×13-inch cake. After baking, you’ll poke holes in the cake with either a skewer, fork, or end of a spoon. Then you’ll either pour pudding, jello, sweetened condensed milk, or icing over the cake. It will seep into the holes and make it extremely moist. Finally, you’ll frost the cake.
Totally decadent yet so easy!
INGREDIENTS FOR YOUR CANDY CORN POKE CAKE
The full recipe with amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. As well, set up your recipe box for free so you will never lose this wonderful recipe.
For the cake
- White cake mix + ingredients on box to make the cake: Water, oil, and eggs.
- Orange and yellow gel food coloring. I recommend this 8-count gel pack from Wilton (get from Amazon or Walmart). A little gel food coloring goes a long way so you just need a small jar.
- Sweetened condensed milk
For the topping
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Heavy cream
- Vanilla extract
- Candy corn
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
- Halloween Snack Mix
- Caramel Corn Treats
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins
- Strawberry Bread
- Blue Ribbon Banana Bread Muffins
- Nutella Swirled Peanut Butter Roasted Banana Bread
- Bacon Cheese Pull-Apart Bread
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
CANDY CORN POKE CAKE
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 15.25 ounce White Cake Mix Ingredients to make according to package directions
- Orange Gel Food Coloring
- Yellow Gel Food Coloring
- 14 ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- Lightly grease a 13×9 pan. Preheat your oven to 350.
- Mix cake mix according to package directions and divide equally into 3 bowls (about 1 ½ cups of cake batter in each)
- Add yellow food coloring to one of the bowls, and orange to another, the third will be left white.
- Pour the yellow batter evenly across the bottom of your prepared pan and place in the freezer for 20 minutes. (make sure it is on a level surface)
- Remove the pan from the freezer and pour the orange batter across the yellow layer and smooth it evenly across. Place the pan back in the freezer for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and spread the final white layer across the top of the orange layer.
- Allow the pan of layered cake batter to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes while your oven preheats. Bake according to package directions.
- While the cake is still warm use a chopstick or straw to poke holes in even rows about an inch apart all over the cake.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top of the cake making sure to pour it into all the holes.
- Cover the cake and place it in the refrigerator overnight. (at least 8 hours)
- To make the topping– Before starting place a mixing bowl in the freezer for about15 min, this helps the whipped cream whip up more easily.
- In a separate mixing bowl cream together the powdered sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla until creamy and well mixed.
- Remove your chilled bowl from the freezer add in the cream and mix on medium speed for 1-2 minutes, increase the speed to high and continue mixing until stiff peaks form.
- Add the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream and beat on medium speed for 1-2 minutes or until well mixed.
- Spread the topping across your refrigerated cake evenly. Sprinkle the top with candy corn. Cut into 12 pieces and serve chilled.