Rich, fudgy & covered with bright little sprinkles, these homemade Copycat Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies Recipe taste just like those fudgy lunchbox treats!
Copycat Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies Recipe with their bright, fun candy topping makes a hit at children’s’ parties. But, the best thing about this brownie recipe is it’s FAST, EASY, and decadent! Just one bowl and no mixer for the base!
If you’ve been following Call Me PMc for a while, you know that I have a series that I test and review Pound Cakes. I’ve also have a collection of Cobblers. However, cobblers vary so much, it’s really difficult to compare them. Therefore, I test, eat and share those recipes. This year I started testing and comparing brownie recipes.
Coincidently, Cosmic Brownies are my oldest sons’ very favorite snack. I needed to prove to
myself him that I could make a brownie just as good. Copycat Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies Recipe are just as good. They are phenomenal. The base has both melted chocolate and cocoa. It’s rich and dense. They’re not cakey, but they’re also not chewy like some brownies are. They’re just a nice dense, creamy texture.
Of course, Cosmic Brownies wouldn’t be Cosmic Brownies without the thin layer for chocolate frosting and candy-coated chips, now would they? I found candy-coated chips at Amazon and Walmart.
Copycat Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies Recipe
- Spray a 15x10x1 inch jelly-roll pan with non-stick spray. (If you don't have this size pan, you can use a 9x13 inch pan, but it will cook longer, 26 to 29 minutes.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 1 cup butter and semisweet chocolate. I like to melt it in the microwave. Microwave at 30-second intervals stirring in between each time until mixture is smooth.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk sugar, flour, cocoa, eggs, vanilla, and salt together.
- Add sugar mixture to chocolate mixture and whisk until combined.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 22 to 25 minutes.
- While brownies are baking, make the Chocolate Frosting. < click for recipe
- Drizzle warm brownies with Chocolate Frosting and sprinkle evenly with candy-coated chips.
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. She provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.