Delicious and easy to make, Fluffy Cottage Egg Casserole | Crustless Quiche is a yummy make-ahead breakfast casserole that great for breakfast or brunch and time of year.
Indulge in a delectable and effortlessly prepared delight with the Fluffy Cottage Egg Casserole | Crustless Quiche. This mouthwatering make-ahead breakfast dish offers a blend of flavors that tantalize the taste buds, making it an ideal choice for both breakfast and brunch. Its simplicity in preparation, combined with its versatility throughout the year, ensures a delightful culinary experience. With a medley of ingredients, including eggs, cheeses, and a touch of spice, this casserole promises a satisfying start to any day.
Fluffy Cottage Egg Casserole
The term ‘cottage’ in the recipe pertains to cottage cheese, not the concept of a cottage as a house. Furthermore, you may see similar recipes referred to as crustless quiche. That title wouldn’t be wrong, considering it is.
This casserole can be mixed the night before and baked when ready for busy mornings or serving a crowd. Fluffy Cottage Egg Casserole | Crustless Quiche is the perfect baked egg recipe for brunch, and it’s packed with protein!
Two things make this recipe well-liked by everyone! One is a method, and one is an ingredient.
- Cottage Cheese! – Yes, cottage cheese makes this recipe creamy. It adds richness without making the eggs ‘heavy.’
- As well, 1 and 3/4 of cottage cheese is a 16-ounce container.
- The second secret to this recipe is whipping the eggs. I used the whisk attachment on my electric mixer and whisked the eggs until they were pale yellow and foamy.
- I used a 4-ounce jar of diced pimentos. You can omit or use red, orange, or green bell pepper. You can also dice a jalapeno for a little spice.
- Finally, for the cheese, I used cheddar and Pepper Jack. You can use all cheddar or all Pepper Jack. You can substitute your favorite cheese as well. Some options that would be delicious are Swiss, Gouda, Colby, or Fontina.
Can I add other vegetables to my Cottage Egg Casserole?
Yes! Mushrooms, broccoli, and spinach would all be delicious additions.
Can I make this ahead of time?
To make this the night before, simply mix everything, cover, and refrigerate. In the morning, pour into the baking dish and bake. Because the mixture will be cold, you must increase the baking time. Start with five additional minutes and watch it closely.
You’ll enjoy these delicious recipes too
- How to make a quiche
- Easy Quiche Recipe
- Quiche Lorraine
- Bacon Havarti Quiche
- ORANGE CREAMSICLE FLUFF WITH COTTAGE CHEESE
- Apricot Spinach Quinoa Crustless Quiche Recipe
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie Crumble
- BACON AND SAUSAGE QUICHE
- Sauteed Cauliflower Mushroom Leek Crustless Quiche
- You can also find great recipes at Recipe Index
Please remember that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
In conclusion, the Fluffy Cottage Egg Casserole | Crustless Quiche is a testament to the joy of uncomplicated yet scrumptious breakfast options. Its fluffy texture and harmonious fusion of cheeses and peppers offer a delightful burst of flavors with each bite. Whether relishing it on a leisurely weekend morning or preparing it ahead for a busy weekday, this versatile dish provides a comforting and delicious meal for any occasion.
Embrace the convenience and savory essence of this casserole, which will surely become a beloved addition to your breakfast repertoire.
Fluffy Cottage Egg Casserole | Crustless Quiche
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 8 large eggs at room temperature
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 and ¾ cup cottage cheese
- 2 cups cheese I used cheddar and Pepper Jack, shredded
- 4 ounces diced pimentos bell pepper or jalapeno can be substituted
- butter, vegetable oil, or shortening to grease baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. I use an electric mixer with the whisk attachment.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper and mix well. Stir in cottage cheese, shredded cheese, and pimento.
- Pour in egg mixture into prepared pan and bake for 45-55 minutes. Cook time will vary depending on the shape of your baking dish. Allow more time for deep dishes. Cover the top with foil if it starts getting more brown that you prefer.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.