Ground Beef Teriyaki Bowl is a delicious and quick meal that just so happens to be healthy too! The best part is you can find most of these ingredients in your pantry and freezer. Seriously, it takes longer to drive and get takeout than the 20 minutes it takes for this meal.
I’m not sure when it happened but my youngest son and my favorite food changed from Tex-Mex to Asian influenced foods. I absolutely adore the flavors of Asian food now.
I’ve shared several of my favorite Asian inspired recipes with you. They have been really popular so you guys must be loving Asian influenced recipes too.
If you haven’t seen them yet, here are a few that have been reader favorites!
- Ground Beef Mongolian Noodles
- Thai Peanut Noodles
- Slow Cooker Asian Glazed Chicken
- Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- Asian Lettuce Wraps
- Sweet and Sour Asian Dip
- Sriracha Ramen Noodle
- Panda Express Chow Mein Copycat
If you meal prep, this is a great recipe for your plan. But, even if you don’t meal prep, this recipe can be made in 20 minutes from start to finish.
WHAT GOES INTO A GROUND BEEF TERIYAKI BOWL?
The basic ingredients of what goes into a teriyaki bowl is rice, ground turkey, broccoli, carrots, onions, green onions, garlic, and sauce. Then you can add other vegetables or condiments that you want.
SUBS AND TIPS
- First, you can use long-grain brown rice instead of white rice.
- Or, you can sub the rice for quinoa or cauliflower rice if you wish. I use frozen cauliflower rice because it just as nutrient-dense and is quick and easy to make. Get the microwavable steam bag for very little hands-on prep time.
- Not a ground turkey fan? Use beef, it’s still much healthier than fast food! Tofu is another option instead of ground turkey.
CAN I FREEZE GROUND BEEF TERIYAKI BOWL?
Yes! This healthy rice bowl is also freezer-friendly! It’s good for up to 2 months in the freezer! You can freeze the whole meal right in your meal prep containers.
To thaw, simply let the whole thing defrost overnight in the fridge. When you’re ready to eat, microwave until steaming hot. Much cheaper than frozen prepared meal kits!
This is such a quick dinner. It’s always fun with the boys get involved and they enjoy building their bowls for this dinner.
Ground Beef Teriyaki Bowl
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or white granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water warm
- ½ cup onion minced, white or yellow
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup carrots chopped, fresh, frozen, or canned
- 1 cup broccoli chopped, fresh or frozen
- 2 large green onions sliced
- 4 cups rice white or brown, cooked
- Prepare rice according to package instructions. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add the soy sauce, ¼ cup water, red wine vinegar, sugars, garlic, and ginger over medium heat. Whisk while heating until sugar is dissolved.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons warm water and cornstarch until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Whisk cornstarch mixture to the soy sauce mixture with the stove on medium-high heat. Simmer until the mixture is thick. Remove the saucepan from the heat while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Cook ground beef, onions, and garlic into a large skillet and cook until the beef is about half cooked. Add chopped carrots and broccoli. Cook until the beef is no longer pink and the carrots and broccoli are tender.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce over the beef and vegetables and stir. Simmer for about five minutes to combine the flavors.
- Spoon beef and vegetables over rice and serve.