Fluffy and creamy my easy Homemade Chocolate Mousse with Cocoa Powder and Whipping Cream is simple to make and delicious! It’s delicate, rich, and luscious.
When you want a cool refreshing dessert, this is the dessert for you.
A mousse can be sweet or savory. It is a soft food that incorporates air into the mixture so that the texture if light and cream. Mousse can range from light and fluffy to thick and creamy.
In this recipe simply add more whipped cream to make it airier and light.
If you don’t want to heat the house up by cooking a dessert in the oven, this recipe cooks in 5 to 7 minutes on the stovetop.
Furthermore, mousse is great for entertaining. It can be made a day ahead of time. It makes a beautiful and individual serving. And my version is economical since it uses cocoa instead of more expensive real chocolate.
Homemade Chocolate Mousse with Cocoa Powder and Whipping Cream
- It’s smooth, light, and creamy.
- This mouse is lightly chocolate flavored. If you prefer a stronger chocolate flavor, you may choose to add more cocoa powder. A well, you can add less whipped cream for richer chocolate.
- I drizzled over store-bought chocolate syrup and more whipped cream. Additionally, you may want to add toasted nuts, coconut, chocolate chips, chocolate-coated candies, or sprinkles to your mousse.
- To serve, try a pretty clear glass, martini glass, or small canning jar. Top with your favorite candies and serve.
While you’re here, check out some of my other delicious recipes
- Caramel Chocolate Mud Hen Bars
- Mexican style Pecan Chocolate Squares
- Chocolate Mousse Filled Strawberries
This mousse is light and creamy with a nice chocolate flavor. Easy to make and refreshing, this makes a great hot-weather dessert.
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks beaten
- 1 and 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon real butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon confectioners sugar
- In a large saucepan at medium temperature, stir together sugar and egg yolks
- Stir in flour and cocoa powder
- Add milk and stir gently to combine
- Stir continually on medium-low heat until pudding becomes thick.
- Take off heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Stir until butter melts.
- Place lid on the pan and allow to cool completely.
- Make whipped cream. In the bowl of an electric mixer, add whipped cream.
- With the whisk attachment, beat until cream begins to get thick. Carefully add confectioners sugar.
- Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into cooled chocolate pudding.
- Refrigerate 1 hour to chill.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.