Fluffy and creamy my easy Homemade Chocolate Mousse with
When you want a cool refreshing dessert, this is the dessert for you.
A mousse can be sweet or savory. It is a soft food that incorporates air into the mixture so that the texture if light and cream. Mousse can range from light and fluffy to thick and creamy.
In this recipe simply add more whipped cream to make it airier and light.
If you don’t want to heat the house up by cooking a dessert in the oven, this recipe cooks in 5 to 7 minutes on the stovetop.
Furthermore, mousse is great for entertaining. It can be made a day ahead of time. It makes a beautiful and individual serving. And my version is economical since it uses cocoa instead of more expensive real chocolate.
Homemade Chocolate Mousse with
Cocoa Powder and Whipping Cream
- It’s smooth, light, and creamy.
- This mouse is lightly chocolate flavored. If you prefer a stronger chocolate flavor, you may choose to add more
cocoa powder. A well, you can add less whipped cream for richer chocolate.
- I drizzled over store-bought chocolate syrup and more whipped cream. Additionally, you may want to add toasted nuts, coconut, chocolate chips, chocolate-coated candies, or sprinkles to your mousse.
- To serve, try a pretty clear glass, martini glass, or small canning jar. Top with your favorite candies and serve.
While you’re here, check out some of my other delicious recipes
- Caramel Chocolate Mud Hen Bars
- Mexican style Pecan Chocolate Squares
- Chocolate Mousse Filled Strawberries
Homemade Chocolate Mousse with Cocoa Powder and Whipping Cream
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large egg yolks beaten
- 1 and 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon real butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon confectioners sugar
- In a large saucepan at medium temperature, stir together sugar and egg yolks
- Stir in flour and cocoa powder
- Add milk and stir gently to combine
- Stir continually on medium-low heat until pudding becomes thick.
- Take off heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Stir until butter melts.
- Place lid on the pan and allow to cool completely.
- Make whipped cream. In the bowl of an electric mixer, add whipped cream.
- With the whisk attachment, beat until cream begins to get thick. Carefully add confectioners sugar.
- Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into cooled chocolate pudding.
- Refrigerate 1 hour to chill.