IP Parmesan Asparagus Recipe is a simple yet delicious side dish that you can steam until tender in just minutes.
IP Parmesan Asparagus Recipe
Asparagus makes a healthy side dish. It’s nice for holiday meals because it adds an option that’s not so heavy and rich. Of course, it makes a great side if you’re watching your diet too.
When is Asparagus in season?
Asparagus comes into season in late February and typically lasts until late April or early in May. This is why you’ll see asparagus often on Easter dinner menus.
February until May is when you can find it grown locally and at your farmers’ markets. Of course, you can find it almost all year in larger chain grocery stores that’s been grown in warm climates and shipped.
Is asparagus healthy?
That’s a big YES! Asparagus is naturally low in calories and carbs. It’s a good source of vitamin k, folate, vitamin A, zinc, thiamine, and riboflavin.
As long as you don’t drown it in
What you’ll need for IP Parmesan Asparagus Recipe
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and save the recipe to your personal and private recipe box right here on Call Me PMc. This way you’ll never misplace it.
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
You can easily double this recipe. The cooking time will remain the same. As well, the cooking time will depend on how large the stalks are. This batch of asparagus was slightly larger than a pencil.
Furthermore, try Air Fryer Broccolini. It’s another yummy recipe made in the air fryer.
How long to cook asparagus in the pressure cooker
Believe it or not, it takes just 1 minute to cook asparagus in an Instant Pot pressure cooker.
This makes it much faster than fast food. Plus, it’s budget-friendly and healthy!
- Green Goddess Chopped Salad
- Panko Crusted Broccoli
- Caramelized Shaved Brussels Sprouts
- Caeser Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Cheesy Garlic Spaghetti Squash
- Small Batch Bacon Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits
- Rumchata Caramel Martini
- Boschamp’s Feta Dip
- Sweet Salty Crock Pot Candy
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Have you tried this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5 rating and comment.
IP Parmesan Asparagus Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 16 ounces asparagus fresh
- ½ cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Trim the bottoms of the asparagus off to be sure it fits in the instant pot.
- Put water, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir.
- Turn the Instant Pot to SAUTE. Heat until butter is melter.
- Add asparagus in a criss-cross pattern. Place the lid on the pot.
- PRESSURE on HIGH for 1 minute. Release pressure. Remove the asparagus from the pot.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.