Mint Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies are full of mint chocolate candies, chocolate chips, and walnuts. They are chewy in the center and crispy around the edges just how I like cookies best!
I wait in carpool line approximately an hour every day waiting for the boys to dismiss from school.
Sometimes I nap.
Sometimes I surf social media.
Sometimes I eavesdrop on the telephone conversation of the lady behind me.
She’s really loud.
Most of the time I think about what I can cook.
The idea for these cookies came to me from a TV show. Do you watch Unique Sweets on FoodNetwork? It’s about bakeries around the U.S. and their crazy creations. One episode was on cookies. It made me want to stuff a cookie full of chocolate and nuts.
I want a giant cookie. That’s crispy around the edges and soft in the center.
This is my experiment.
These Mint Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies are ‘da bomb’!
My Mint chocolate Chips Walnut Cookies with Hershey’s Peppermint Bark Bells chocolate are ginormous at approximately five inches across.!
Mint Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Gradually add this to the butter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate and nuts by hand.
- The mixture will be THICK.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chill in refrigerator 10 minutes.
- I used a regular sized ice cream scoop (1/4 cup) for extra large cookies
- Drop dough onto a greased, cold cookie sheet.
- Bake 17 minutes at 350 degrees for crisp edges and gooey centers.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to sit on cookie sheet 2 minutes before removing.
- After 2 minutes, using a thin spatula, move to a wire rack to cool.
More Cookie goodness! Chocolate Peppermint Chip Cookies