Peach Tomato Caprese Salad Recipe is full of juicy peaches, fragrant basil, creamy fresh mozzarella, and tender lettuce. It’s fresh, healthy, flavorful, and perfect as a light summery meal and takes just minutes to prepare.
PEACH TOMATO CAPRESE SALAD RECIPE
“Insalata Caprese” literally means “the salad of Capri” which is an Italian island. A traditional Caprese Salad is a simple Italian salad featuring colors of the Italian flag, green, white, and red. It’s made with layered slices of fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and sweet basil, seasoned with salt, and olive oil.
Peaches are in season in the South (Peach season in the southern U.S. is mid-June to August) and I just had to add some to my Caprese salad. I love the slight sweetness it adds to an otherwise savory salad.
PEACH TOMATO CAPRESE SALAD RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- Peaches. As well, you can add or sub strawberries, blueberries, or cherries.
- Spring mix greens. Also, try fresh spinach, fresh kale, or arugula
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh mozzarella. You can sub ricotta, feta, or burrata.
- Pumpkin seeds. Optional
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Lime juice
- Ground black pepper
HOW CAN I TELL PEACHES ARE RIPE?
A good peach will smell sweet, be lightly soft, and have a beautiful round shape. It’s ripe when it gives slightly with a gentle squeeze. If it’s hard to the touch it’s not ready to eat. Furthermore, peaches turn dark yellow as they ripen as well as get sweeter and juicier.
HOW LONG DOES MOZZARELLA LAST?
Fresh mozzarella can last 5 days in the refrigerator once opened.
CAN PEACH TOMATO CAPRESE SALAD BE MADE AHEAD?
Yes, you can make this salad up to 4 hours early. Store in the refrigerator before serving.
HOW DO I STORE PEACH TOMATO CAPRESE SALAD LEFTOVER
Store salad in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
I don’t recommend freezing it.
SHOP THIS POST
- Wood salad server
- Teak salad serving bowl
- Glass salad serving bowl
- I’m obsessed with these salad bowls.
- Salad dressing shake maker keeper
- Love my Salad dressing to go bottles!
You’ll enjoy these salads too!
- Favorite Fruit Salad
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Fruit Salad
- Pina Colada Ambrosia Salad
- Fruit Salad Basket
- Grape Salad
- Avocado Edamame Salad
- Best Broccoli Salad
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but I have endeavored to be as accurate as possible
PEACH TOMATO CAPRESE SALAD RECIPE
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 4 large peaches
- 5 ounces (140 g) mixed greens
- 1 cup(5.29 oz 150g) cherry tomatoes quartered
- 4 ounces (113g) mozzarella sliced
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup (0.77oz | 22g) parmesan shredded
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ⅙ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small jar, stir together honey, olive oil, lime, salt, and pepper. Pour on salad individually or just before serving.
- Wash peaches, cut in half and remove seeds. Cut each half into 3 wedges. In a large bowl, add mixed greens.
- Add peach, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, pumpkin seeds, and parmesan.
- Salad can be served immediately or stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Leave a Reply