One Pan Keto Pesto Chicken is basking in a delicious pesto cream sauce that is so simple to make in one pan in 30 minutes or less. This easy dish is healthy, low-carb, gluten-free, and super tasty!
ONE PAN KETO PESTO CHICKEN
You won’t feel like you’re missing out on flavor with this low-carb, diet-friendly entree. With minimal ingredients, it’s loaded with flavor!
Of course, if you’re not watching carbs, serve the rich sauce over rice or mashed potatoes for an amazing meal!
ONE PAN KETO PESTO CHICKEN INGREDIENTS
- Chicken breasts or thighs. Boneless and skinless work best.
- Pesto. I used store-bought pesto for this recipe but you can make homemade if you prefer.
- Seasoning. Use this, not salad dressing mix.
- White wine. You can sub chicken or vegetable broth.
- Heavy cream. You can sub whole milk.
- Feta cheese. I always purchase the block of feta and crumble it myself. The block lasts longer.
- Vegetables. You can easily add keto-friendly vegetables to this recipe. Broccoli, cauliflower, and tomatoes add nutrients and flavor without adding carbs.
- Optional. This is great served over cauliflower rice, regular rice, mashed potatoes, or pasta.
HOW TO MAKE PESTO CHICKEN
I made this pesto chicken on the stovetop and the total time including prepping the chicken took right at 25 minutes. However, you can start it on the stovetop and finish it in the oven. Obviously, this takes heating the oven and let it bake for 15 to 20 minutes. The upside of baking it in the oven is there’s less hands-on time. Here’s how you make it both ways.
Stovetop method: Pound the chicken with a meat mallet to about 1/2-inch uniform thickness. Season it and cook it on both sides in your saucepan. Remove the chicken and add the other ingredients, wine, pesto, cream, and feta, to the pan. Add the chicken back in and simmer for a few minutes.
Oven method: Pound the chicken with a meat mallet to about 1/2-inch uniform thickness. Season it and cook it on both sides in your saucepan. Remove the chicken and add the other ingredients, wine, pesto, cream, and feta, to the pan. Add the chicken back in and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
- Creamy Baked Spinach Chicken
- Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken
- Creamy Stuffed Chipotle Chicken
- Keto Salad Bowl
- Creamy White Wine Chicken
- Skillet Coconut Lime Chicken
- Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
- Chicken Dip
- Easy Baked Cheesy Chicken
RECOMMENDED RECIPES FROM READERS
- Crock Pot Crack Chicken
- Easy Strawberry Cake
- Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
- Old Fashioned Blue Ribbon Pound Cake
- Pecan Cobbler
ONE PAN KETO PESTO CHICKEN
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 pound chicken breasts boneless & skinless, subs in post above
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning like this, not salad dressing mix
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup white wine or chicken or vegetable broth
- ¾ cup pesto drained, reserve 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup feta cheese crumbled
- shaved parmesan cheese for garnish, optional
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high.
- Pound chicken to a flat even thickness about ½-inch thick. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with Italian seasoning and ground black pepper.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the reserved oil of the pesto to your skillet. Swirl the oil around to cover the bottom. Sear the chicken for 4 to 5 minutes on each side until golden. Remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside.
- Add the white wine or chicken broth, pesto, heavy cream, and feta to the pan. Whisk well.
- Add the chicken back into the pesto cream sauce and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes to allow the cheese to melt and the sauce to thicken.
- Top the chicken with parmesan cheese and serve.
Soi cau 247 says
Wow! Looks delicious. I’m going to make pesto chicken tonight.
Oh my goodness! This recipe is packed with flavor for being so simple. My daughters fell in love with this chicken! It’s the new favorite!
This meal is a huge win for busy weeknights, mom and kid-approved!
Absolutely fantastic chickens, we all loved it!
Oh pesto is my absolute favorite! This is so delicious, and I love that it is made in just the one pan.
Bernice Hill says
You had me at pesto! I’m growing a lot of basil this summer because I am obsessed about making it and using it in different dishes. I goes well with chicken!