A seasonal twist on a classic cocktail, Strawberry Mojito is a refreshing, fruity, and delicious summer drink.
One of my most favorite cocktails is the traditional mojito. Love them. They’re so refreshing and light tasting, perfect for Spring and Summer.
As a whole Southerners love sweet drinks over ice. You’ll never find a family reunion or Sunday dinner where sweet tea doesn’t have a presence. Then there’s cold refreshing lemonade that is also popular. We even prefer our cocktails sweet and over ice! Think Mint Julep and other bourbon cocktails. Maybe it’s our hot, humid weather.
Did you know that American author Ernest Hemingway’s favorite cocktail was the Mojito?!
I have had an abundance of strawberries. I’ve made jam, bread, muffins and cake…why not put them in a drink?! This Strawberry Mojito has a light strawberry flavor and is a refreshing twist from the traditional.
How to make a Strawberry Mojito
- In my opinion the most important step is muddling the mint and strawberries to break them down. This will release all that mint flavor and strawberry goodness.
- I prefer a simple syrup versus adding granulated sugar to the drink. This recipe has simple syrup, which is water and sugar boiled until the sugar is dissolved. It adds the sweetness to the drink. For Simple Syrup, you simply boil one cup water and one cup sugar for three minutes. Be sure to cool the liquid before making your cocktails. You can keep Simple Syrup refrigerated for up to two weeks. If you’re entertaining, this is one thing you can do the day before your event.
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 strawberries sliced
- 6 mint leaves torn
- 3 oz light rum
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 2 oz club soda
- Mint sprig and whole strawberry for garnish
- In a shaker muddle strawberries with mint leaves and 2 cubes ice. Add rum, lime juice and simple syrup. Shake 30 seconds. Pour into a glass filled with ice. Top with club soda. Garnish with strawberry and mint sprig.
- For Simple Syrup - boil 1 c water and 1 c sugar 3 minutes. Cool. Keep refrigerated up to 2 weeks.
Visit my Pinterest board for drinks.