SuzyQ Dessert Stack Recipe is an ice cream treat that starts with a pre-made chocolate cake then layered with ice cream and chocolate.
Hostess SuzyQ snack cakes are the boys’ favorite snack cakes. I have to ration them or make them keep up with how many they’ve each eaten out of a box or they’ll ‘race’ to eat more than the other one. (That’s brothers for you!)
This dessert is great for a kids’ activity. I recently had a few had several children over and needed crafts to pass the time. I had fun making this Strawberry Shortcake Twinkie and wanted to do something similar. Layering ice cream, Cool Whip, and chocolate sauce were entertaining to them. However, I think all the kids would tell you the best part was eating the dessert.
As well, this is a great way to get the kids in the kitchen and to start to teach them how to cook. You’ve got to start with something fun and easy. This may seem like a ‘silly’ recipe to you, but for kids, it is a great way to start getting them in the kitchen. Remember, it takes baby steps to learn to cook.
SuzyQ DESSERT STACK RECIPE
This recipe is very simple and has just three ingredients
- SuzyQ snack cake
- Cool whip
- Chocolate Sauce
- Vanilla ice cream
- (I wish I had put strawberries, bananas, or another fruit on it.)
- Sprinkles optional, but they add great color
The method is so easy. Additionally, you can make it in a large 9×13-inch pan or you can make it in individual servings. Kids LOVE individual servings.
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
- Ricotta Pound Cake
- 11 Tasty Muffin Recipes
- Chocolate Fudge Bundt Cake
- Sheet Pan Pound Cake
- Lemon Curd Fluff Bars
- No-Bake Banana Pudding Twinkie Cake
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
SuzyQ Dessert Stack Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 SuzyQ snack cake
- ½ cup ice cream I used vanilla
- ½ cup Cool Whip you can use homemade
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup or caramel or strawberry
- ¼ fruit strawberries or banana slices, if desired
- Separate the top and bottom snack cake.
- Lay one piece on a saucer and top it with ice cream (then slices of fruit, if desired)
- Replace the top snack cake. Dollop Cool Whip, syrup, then sprinkles on top. Serve immediately.