This Cream Cheese Frosting is a very versatile frosting that I use on cakes and cinnamon rolls, or sometimes I just eat a big glob with a spoon! It’s my favorite. Enjoy!
The Best Cream Cheese Frosting
The Best Cream Cheese Frosting is a basic recipe that can be used in a variety of ways.
I always use an electric mixer to mix cream cheese frosting. You’re really going to get a good arm workout if you don’t use an electric mixer.
- 1/2 cup real butter room temp
- 8 ounce cream cheese room temp
- 3 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat 1 stick butter and 8 oz cream cheese until smooth, add confectioner sugar with mixer on low. Add vanilla and milk. Mix until smooth.
- FOR CREAM CHEESE GLAZE: Add more milk one tablespoon at a time until the consistency is like honey, smooth and pourable.
do not substitute margarine or imitation butter in this recipe