Almond Crunch Cookies
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c shortening
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 3/4 c firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 c uncooked regular oats
- 1 1/2 c toasted corn cereal (like Chex)
- 4 oz almond bark
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat 1 c shortening with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs and almond; beat well. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; stir until blended. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture mixing until just blended. Slightly crush corn cereal, only to the point there aren't large pieces (but not too small, you'll lose the 'crunch') Carefully stir in oats and cereal.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop dough on a cookie sheet 2" apart. Bake at 325 degrees 12 to 14 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Melt almond bark (read tips on How to Melt Chocolate) in microwave in a zip-top freezer bag. When melted, snip the corner off and drizzle over top of cookies. Allow chocolate to dry before serving or packaging.