Meet your new favorite cookie, Chocolate Chip Potato Chip Cookies!! This cookie is chewy and crispy. It’s salty and chocolaty. They are pretty much perfection!
I know you think all I make are snacks and desserts. It’s true I do love a good gooey dessert and sometimes I make a dessert that I’m just simply craving. Most of the time though, when I make desserts I’m making them for a party or function or event that someone has asked me to make. They’re usually for my boys activities eight out of ten times! That’s perfectly fine with me, since I need to cook and they a snack!
Today I made a sweet and salty cookie. For a long time I didn’t understand the salty and sweet phenomenon. Now, I totally get it. Salty and sweet are the perfect yin and yang.
I’m not a chip eater, but I imagine this would be the perfect way to use those last crunched up chips in the bottom of the bag. Unless, you like eating those last bits with a spoon. I can’t imagine how else you could eat them.
I haven’t shared a chocolate chip cookie recipe with you, but every body and their Momma has a chocolate chip cookie recipe. I wanted something different. You deserve it. Speaking of chocolate chip cookies, did you know that Americans eat 7 billion Chocolate chip cookies each year? That, my friend, is a lot of cookies. There’s probably 1 million different chocolate chip cookie recipes out there! And, now there is one more 🙂
Chocolate Chip Potato Chip Cookies Tips
- Use a silicon mat. I use a Silpat brand. Besides being easier to cleanup, using a silicone baking mat allows the cookie to ‘grab’ onto something as it cooks. This aids in making a thicker, softer cookie which I like.
- Use a quick-release scoop to get all your cookies the same size. Not only will they look more professional, they’ll cook more evenly.
- Cool your cookie sheet between cooking each batch. A hot sheet makes the dough begin to melt before getting into the oven, which makes them bake unevenly. They’ll tend to have thin crisp edges and thick, under-cooked centers.
- Freeze batter and cook later.
Chocolate Chip Potato Chip Cookies
Meet your new favorite cookie, Chocolate Chip Potato Chip Cookies!! This cookie is chewy and crispy. It's salty and chocolaty. They are pretty much perfection!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tablespoon (yes tablespoon) vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate chips in this recipe)
- 1 cup crushed ruffled potato chips (coarse crush, not fine crush)
- Cream butter with sugars until fluffy.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Add vanilla and combine.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add to mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- By hand add the chocolate chips and the potato chips. Fold in until evenly distributed.
- Use a quick release scoop to scoop balls of dough onto a cookie sheet (Make sure it's a cookie sheet that will fit into your refrigerator.)
- Chill a minimum of 30 minutes.
- When you're ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transfering to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you, PaulaI used a 2 tablespoon quick release scoop for these cookies. I baked them at 350 degrees for 9 minutes. Cool the cookies on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. The cookies will firm up as they cool. Store baked cookies in an airtight container! Review my tips in the post about storing un-baked cookie dough.