I made this Green Goddess Pasta Salad right after we got back from vacation, almost a month ago. I don’t know why I just wrote that, except that even though I really enjoyed it. I wasn’t compelled to write the post.
For one, recently when I get ‘plugged in’, as Wesley would say, I end up catching up on emails, comments and social media, then chat with my blogging buddies. Not that all that isn’t necessary, but then when I get all that done, I don’t want to sit any more to write a post.
So the next time I sit down to write a post, guess what? I get on email, social media and chat with my blogging buddies first.
It’s a vicious cycle…
So before our Summer veggies are gone, I’d better get this recipe to you.
I’ve mentioned it before, I’m a carb girl. I love pastas, rice, breads. But, I’m trying to eat more vegetables and I don’t want a bowl of vegetables or salad every meal. I thought if I combined a salad with some pasta that at least it would be better than a complete bowl full of pasta!
Enter: Green Goddess Pasta Salad!
It’s heart healthy and satisfying!
- 9 oz Buitoni 4 Cheese stuffed ravioli
- 1 cup haricot vert, cut into 2 inch pieces (small green beans)
- 1 cup edamame
- 3 Tablespoon sliced almonds (I used Almond Accents Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper)
- 2 cup baby arugula and spinach
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoon fresh Parmesan cheese shavings
- 3 Tablespoon Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Add haricot vert and edamame during last 3 minutes. Drain well.
- Place pasta and vegetables in a large bowl and toss with arugula, spinach, salt, pepper and vinaigrette.
- Top with almonds and cheese. Serve immediately.
If you like this salad, you’ll also enjoy these: