These Bacon Breakfast Rolls with Maple Glaze are to die for. This recipe has the magical pairing of salty and sweet with bacon baked into the cinnamon roll!
I have the craziest ideas sometimes while I’m running! I told y’all that’s when I clear my head… or think about the day, projects, FOOD!
So this morning I was thinking about bacon. I know, crazy!
More specifically, I was thinking about how much Ryder loves bacon. That thought ran into trying an experiment on him to see how many days he would eat bacon before he didn’t want it anymore. (I like test experiments on the kids! It’s my prerogative!) THAT thought ran into the bacon craze… bacon in chocolate, bacon in cupcakes, bacon in brown sugar, bacon marinated in TEA!, and………….
wait for it……………….. bacon in Cinnamon Rolls!!!
WHAT?!?! That’s a crazy thought, I tell myself. Wait a minute… it could actually be good!
hmmm…. Am I actually thinking about seriously, seriously doing this?
YES! I decided it could be VERY good and my almost-ten-year-old-more-picky-than-anyone son declared, “This is the best breakfast I’ve EVER had!!!”
Whoa – I think I just fainted………………..
Bacon Breakfast Rolls with Maple Glaze
- 1/4 ounce package yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water 120 - 130 degrees
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 3 & 1/2 to 4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 8 ounces bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Dissolve yeast in warm water; set aside. In a large bowl of mixer with dough hook attachment, mix milk, sugar, melted butter, salt and egg. Add 2 c flour and mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture alternating with remaining flour. Mix until smooth. Pour dough onto a floured flat surface and knead 5 minutes. Place in a oiled bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size (about 2 - 2 1/2 hours).
- When doubled in size, punch down dough. Roll out or press with fingers the dough until approximately 15 x 9 inch rectangle. Spread melted butter all over dough. Sprinkle bacon over butter. Beginning on long, 15 inch, side roll up. Pinch dough at seam and ends to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- Pour 1/4 c melted butter into pan. Place sliced rolls almost touching in pan and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake Bacon Rolls until golden brown about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk syrup and sugar together. When rolls are removed from oven and slightly cooled, drizzle glaze over Bacon Rolls. Enjoy!!